Neo

The Flash | June 16 2023 | Ezra Miller, Michael Keaton | We’re stoping the count at a Nice 69% RT (it’s 72% For Real) | Please Remember that Your Enjoyment Of The Film is Not Based On Others Opinions And To Be Nice To Each Other

5 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Before: “hey we can get Robert Zemeckis to do our Flash movie!”

After:  “i hope you guys like the guys who did Vacation”

True, but here's the thing:

Did you hear any official statement about Zemeckis from studio?

Edited by KeepItU25071906

24 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Can you blame them after the Snyder experience?

Nope. The days of hearing about WB courting big names for their movies are over.

We’re about to get a full-on MCU clone franchise. The real conversation we should be having is “why would audiences see the knock-off when they could just wait for the real thing?”

51 minutes ago, CJohn said:

This is the end of the DCEU.

BvS was the end of the DCEU, it just took a bit for the body to stop twitching.

Anyway, the question here is whether they'll still be the directors a few months from now.

• Like 1
  • ...wtf 1

2 hours ago, Krissykins said:

Urgh.

Spider-Man Homecoming was so by-the-numbers and forgettable.

Vacation was chronic. 

To be fair here, I just had another look at Homecoming at...er...home, and there are SIX credited screenwriters (credited as three duos, I believe) -- and that means there might have been even more uncredited -- so, uh, I wouldn't blame these guys for everything.

(Hey, look, I'm being fair to Warner Bros./DC Entertainment and Marvel.  See?  It's possible.)

Edited by Macleod

1 hour ago, John Marston said:

We go from Robert Zemeckis and Sam Raimi to the writers of Spiderman Homecoming and Vacation??? 

Well...this obviously means that the existing material didn't attract them enough to sign on.  So it's on WB.

And uh...don't conveniently forget about Affleck's ARGO, which had plenty of comedy within a dramatic context.  That's probably the balance WB are looking for, here, and why they very nicely offered this to the 'Fleck.  But it's obvious that his heart's not in this anymore. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MrGamer said:

Tbh this makes way more sense, I thought affleck was done so it just sounded strange.

Either way I don’t care but it just seemed weird that he dropped out of directing Batman and seems to be transitioning out of the role as well only to direct the flash? 

18 hours ago, Macleod said:

And uh...don't conveniently forget about Affleck's ARGO, which had plenty of comedy within a dramatic context.  That's probably the balance WB are looking for, here, and why they very nicely offered this to the 'Fleck.  But it's obvious that his heart's not in this anymore. 

I think what happened with "Live By Night" chilled Warners enthusiasm for Affleck as a director considerably.

54 minutes ago, dudalb said:

I think what happened with "Live By Night" chilled Warners enthusiasm for Affleck as a director considerably.

Sure...but I'll still believe Variety, the original Hollywood trade journal, over Collider/Weintraub anyday.

22 hours ago, Macleod said:

Sure...but I'll still believe Variety, the original Hollywood trade journal, over Collider/Weintraub anyday.

Oh, absolutely. The Bible of Showbiz gets it wrong occasionaaly, but not very often. They actually check out stories, like a good journalist does, instead of passing on every stray rumor that  comes along.

ANyway,pretty clear that Affleck and Warners have soured on each other as far as the DCU is concerned.

Edited by dudalb