Eric Loves Rey

Disney+ | MARVEL STUDIOS PRESENTS A KEVIN FEIGE PRODUCTION: ROGERS THE MUSICAL (Featuring HAWKEYE) | November 24, 2021

I'll be honest, halfway through I thought this was a filler episode despite the fun Xmas party antics (it's fan fiction-y in a good way) but then business picks up and that climax had a good 1-2 punch of "oh damn!" twists, even if the latter us Marvelites have been awaiting for it for months now (and no I don't mean *that* one that social media is eagerly anticipating.) Clint is a little naive at the end though, no? He and Kate are truly up the creek with no paddle. 

I do like how in this series, Clint and his wife don't have the usual melodrama that superhero couples in media seem to demand. Think of the CW shows where couples routinely fight and you wonder if these people are adults or children. Yeah she wants his butt home, but she gets it that's a drawback of his job. She knows what he knows. She even gets him intel while baking cookies with the kids, that's some spandex multitasking right there. It's not a major thing, but it's a nice refreshingly mature touch. 

1 hour ago, Product Driven Legion said:

I am still enjoying myself but it feels like we’re headed for the same series conclusion pacing issues the last few shows have had. 

Agreed loving the show but definitely feels like we need more than 2 episodes left. Hopefully this is one that gets a Season 2.

After 4 episodes of out 6, this show has only 24K votes on IMDB. What's happening? D+ fatigue or most people simply don't care for side story with side characters despite good WOM? In comparison, Wandavision, FATWS and Loki were well into 100K at that point in their runs. Wandavision and Loki currently have 246K and 232K respectively. FATWS 172K. What If 70K. 

7 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

After 4 episodes of out 6, this show has only 24K votes on IMDB. What's happening? D+ fatigue or most people simply don't care for side story with side characters despite good WOM? In comparison, Wandavision, FATWS and Loki were well into 100K at that point in their runs. Wandavision and Loki currently have 246K and 232K respectively. FATWS 172K. What If 70K. 

My guess is that the energy in the fanbase is focused on NWH. If you released a side character show about the least popular Avenger before Infinity War or Endgame, the same thing would happen. WV and FATWS benefited from being the only Marvel thing coming out at those times, Loki is a very popular character. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Menor said:

My guess is that the energy in the fanbase is focused on NWH. If you released a side character show about the least popular Avenger before Infinity War or Endgame, the same thing would happen. WV and FATWS benefited from being the only Marvel thing coming out at those times, Loki is a very popular character. 

Great points! 

4 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Great points! 

Also the show is marketed as a fun Christmas side story without much impact, even FATWS, which had been the smallest scale of the live-action shows so far, felt like a bigger deal. Same reason the Ant-Man films are the worst performers in the MCU despite good WOM. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, RRA said:

I do like how in this series, Clint and his wife don't have the usual melodrama that superhero couples in media seem to demand. Think of the CW shows where couples routinely fight and you wonder if these people are adults or children. Yeah she wants his butt home, but she gets it that's a drawback of his job. She knows what he knows. She even gets him intel while baking cookies with the kids, that's some spandex multitasking right there. It's not a major thing, but it's a nice refreshingly mature touch. 

Spoiler

I'd include the Ronin reveal with Kate and Clint which was handled quick and maturely. A CW show would drag that out in an entire episode or episodes. 

16 minutes ago, Menor said:

Also the show is marketed as a fun Christmas side story without much impact, even FATWS, which had been the smallest scale of the live-action shows so far, felt like a bigger deal. Same reason the Ant-Man films are the worst performers in the MCU despite good WOM. 

Yeah the concept isn't something particularly unique like WandaVision, FATWS addressed important topics and was dealing with Cap's legacy and well Loki is no surprise.

Wandavision and Loki being by far the most popular of MCU shows on IMDB (better staying power/new audience interest since votes keep coming at higher rate than for other shows even so long after they ended their runs) indicates that Marvel fans want to see trippy stuff. At least there's more interest in that than "grounded" shows so to speak. Might also explain the crazy hype over multiverse crossover in NWH. 

Edited by Valonqar

11 hours ago, john2000 said:

i have enjoyed it very much personally..

SO have I.

I think Feige did not just want to recycle the Infinity Saga  in Phase IV, and went for something new.

really enjoying Hawkeye. Pretty clear Feige wanted something different ,more grounded, and lighter and not as cosmic as the previous MCU Disney plus shows.

Not at all surprised Hallie pretty much swiped the show from under Renner's nose. She got her start by swiping True Grit right out from under the noses of Jeff Bridges and Matt Damon...not easy to do. She is a very talented actress.

I think they handled Ronin very well. They did not want to brush it aside, but did not want to a guilt ridden Clint either.

• Like 1