Eric Duncan

Disney+ | MARVEL STUDIOS PRESENTS A KEVIN FEIGE PRODUCTION: ROGERS THE MUSICAL (Featuring HAWKEYE) | November 24, 2021

8 minutes ago, Weird Alegion said:

I guess this was best finale, but maybe better said as least worst finale. I think last 4 shows are all bottom 15 for me despite this starting quite strong. Pretty stumbling start on TV side after WV showed good promise — gotta pick things up in 2022.

We may not seem drastic improvements if Marvel takes any feedback from the 2021 shows since the 2022 shows would have already been mainly written. 

But perhaps with the 2022 shows be mainly about new heroes and somewhat a return to MCU bread and butter in introducing new heroes we may see tighter shows.

• Like 2

Jat’s hatred of Phase Four just makes me giggle. Sorry not sorry. 

Anyway. 

Spoiler

I think I have just evolved to the next form. I basically just want more characters and more storylines that I can take them and adopt them into my fanfiction at this point. Like I went two years without new content. I had to make it up on my own. I am so laissez-faire about this stuff now. I just want to see my favorites be friends. Yelena and Kate Bishop 4eva. Cap is happy. 

I also can just feel the young avengers forming and crystallizing and it’s coming closer day by day by day and I swear it’s gonna be so rewarding. It’s going to be the best day ever whe  Kevin announces we’re getting the young avengers. I love them so much!!!

Hawkeye turned out to be the best MCU show yet for me.. It was small, personal and i loved it fra start till finish.

Spoiler

Ohhh. And that Agent 19 twist… Mockingbird maybe…. 

Edited by fmpro
  • Like 4

I really enjoyed the finale. Any screen time Yelena and Kate have together is absolute fire. 

This is miles ahead of all the other Marvel shows for me. And I mean miles. The other 3 won’t even make my top 40 of the year. 

The only downside was:

Spoiler

Kingpin. That is a really, really ropey performance. It felt like he was doing a “bit”. Facial expressions, the voice, reactions etc. Dreadful. 

Good show, but could have been great

I like what they're doing though, squeezing Florence Pugh in everything.

I can definitely get behind that.

So, this show's MVP are :

Florence Pugh

Hailee Steinfeld

Jack

The light-hearted tone and low scale of the story

But some dubious writing near the end kept it from being great in my opinion. Also, I'll never be able to care about Clint. Sorry marvel writers.

Still, a valiant effort. Really curious to see where they go from here

my ranking of Phase 4 so far:

WandaVision ★★★★½

Eternals  ★★★★½

Spider-Man: No Way Home  ★★★★

Loki   ★★★★

Hawkeye  ★★★½

Black Widow   ★★★½

What If  ★★★½

Shang-Chi  ★★★

Falcon & Winter Soldier  ★★½

Edited by Daxtreme

I really enjoyed this, ties with WandaVision as the best of the MCU shows so far. Renner was good as always, but Steinfeld MVP and I loved the banter between her and Pugh. Vera Farmiga is always a plus too.

Howling at that full number of Rogers: The Musical number during the mid-credits scene. That thing would totally be a hit if it were real. Please please please that make it happen, Papa Feige! If it the MCU can branch out into television, it can branch out into Broadway too.

• Like 2

On 12/24/2021 at 12:42 AM, cax16 said:

I liked the finale. The series was good, not great but it was fun so I’d be happy see more of these characters. 

Pretty much how I felt too. It felt very inconsequential compared to the other TV shows so far, but it was undeniably fun, and I’d be happy to see more of these characters. The Christmas feel added a lot to it though, so I almost hope they Die Hard 2 this and keep it at Christmas (but without the Die Hard 2 drop in quality obviously).

I can’t say I’m particularly interested in a stand-alone Echo show though, she didn’t do much to justify her own show here, all she seemed to do was scowl and fight.

Edited by SnokesLegs
  • Like 2

I dropped this before the finale. I like the characters alright but really didn't care for the story they were in and their universe in general. IMO, Marvel is much better now with wonky stuff such as Wandavision, Loki and NWH than so-called grounded (BW, this, FATWS). really don't care for the mundane and doubtful I'll follow these characters unless they are part of some crazy multiverse/cosmic/quantum/other storyline. IMDB has way less votes for this than other 3 live action shows so I'd say a lot of people feel the same. Telling filler stories, and this was a filler of fillers, just creates fatigue and people become selective. 

Edited by Valonqar

I will say the main problem these shows have is that the transition from movies to television means we get a lot of filler to pad them out to multiple episodes and that can make them a bit of a drag at times. Falcon & the Winter Soldier, in particular, would've worked much better as a 2.5 hour movie than it did as a multi-episode series (meanwhile, Eternals definitely would've benefitted big time had it been a show vs. a movie where they had to cram in far too much in not enough time to pull it all off successfully).

Edited by filmlover
  • Like 2

that's a good point. It's as if they don't know which content is more movie size -friendly and which is more suited for a series. I think they should introduce D+ movies for filler such as FATWS and Hawkeye that don't justify movie budget but don't have enough content to justify series either. The Flagsmashers and Ronin suit are absolutely not stories worth putting on the big screen (nor was BW content and it shows in the boxoffice). But since Marvel wanted to tell them, they stretched them to fit the series format. Just do streaming movies. I suspect Echo will be stretched to the point of breaking too so I'm skipping that one. 

Eternals should have been a D+ show and considering names that do streaming it wouldn't be a downgrade for Zhao. But I guess Feige believed in awards prospect way too much, and ended up with awards for Wandavision which wasn't on their awards radar originally (they had much more faith in FAWTS that didn't pan out). 

Edited by Valonqar
  • Like 1

On 12/28/2021 at 7:34 AM, lorddemaxus said:

Honestly, the biggest problem with the show is the fact that it is a movie stretched out to a show. This could've easily been a D+ excluive movie instead of a miniseries.

That's been my issue for pretty much all of the MCU shows so far. They're extended movies... and not in a good way. You end up with a lot of padding and a lot of waiting around for the real meat of the story. If this was a movie, a lot of it would be cut. A lot of it doesn't feel integral or actually move the story forward. 

Watch any other decent show and you'll see that they always have several narrative lines going on, and each episode have their own story.