Weekend Thread (10/15-17) | Halloween Kills 4.85M Previews, Last Duel 350K

3 hours ago, Let There Be Legion said:

Hmm, so weekends like:

HWK 50-51

NTTD 24

V2 17

AF2 7.3

SC 3.4

about expected for Bond, Venom, AF2 (though legging well for sure) and great for HWK and sc

AF2 will be getting dropped a lot next weekend for Ron's Gone Wrong (since we have another 3 new wide openers, including another biggie, plus 3 certain holdovers), so the legs are gonna start going down (and be gone by Halloween, since no one will watch it after Oct 31)...

26 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

AF2 will be getting dropped a lot next weekend for Ron's Gone Wrong (since we have another 3 new wide openers, including another biggie, plus 3 certain holdovers), so the legs are gonna start going down (and be gone by Halloween, since no one will watch it after Oct 31)...

Only 2 wide openers, right? Last year heard dispatch was 50 locs

31 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

On a side note, Ron’s Gone Wrong just opened under Addams Family 2’s third weekend here in the UK. Despite some seriously heavy marketing everywhere. 

3 minutes ago, ddddeeee said:

Don't Universal have some sort of PoD deal depending on whether a movie opens above 50M?

Used to be that 50M+ guaranteed a 31 day window instead of 17, but this already has a 0day window, so…

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, ddddeeee said:

Don't Universal have some sort of PoD deal depending on whether a movie opens above 50M?

yes. DL explained it

Wait, wait, we’re completely disregarding the elephant in the room: After all the noise between Universal and AMC on keeping a theatrical window, and the exhibitor receiving a percentage of PVOD revenues, how in God’s name did the studio get exhibition on board with a day-and-date theatrical release such as Halloween Kills? Turned out that exhibition had confidence in the sequel’s tracking, and Universal provided very good terms to movie theaters due to the Peacock pivot. One small exhibitor tells Deadline that they’re taking home a 45% rental on Halloween Kills, which they consider to be very fair.

1 hour ago, Let There Be Legion said:

Only 2 wide openers, right? Last year heard dispatch was 50 locs

The Harder They Fall seems to be at all my local Cinemarks, so I assumed it was getting a big enough release to be wide, since they've presold it for a week already (so it's not the last minute add:)...although I guess Netflix may have just negotiated it as a 2 week Cinemark only release...

Edited by TwoMisfits

9 minutes ago, john2000 said:

56% drop for NTTD - too bad it couldn't get the $100M headline number (it must mean this is probably a slight overestimate and it won't come that close to the $100M barrier, b/c you'd just go for it if you were close:)...

• Like 2

7th weekend holding power of some various CBMs from top of head:

Gotg 1/11.6 OW

WW 1/15 OW 

SM 1/15 OW

BP 1/17.5 OW 

IM 1/18 OW

SC 1/22 OW

TA 1/23 OW 

man gotg wtf  

TDK had Labor Day 7th weekend but adjusting about 1/21

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

The Harder They Fall seems to be at all my local Cinemarks, so I assumed it was getting a big enough release to be wide, since they've presold it for a week already (so it's not the last minute add:)...although I guess Netflix may have just negotiated it as a 2 week Cinemark only release...

Never heard of this movie before in my life, lmao.   

The-numbers doesn’t seem to think it will be wide (though they have 4 wide release on the 29th, one of which I’ve never heard of).   

@katnisscinnaplex, any insight?

Edited by Let There Be Legion