Eric Loves Rey

Weekend Thread (10/15-17) | Halloween Kills 4.85M Previews, Last Duel 350K

2 minutes ago, filmscholar said:

Hold up.  Halloween Hybrid doing between 47-53?  Wow.   That's huge for October.  This is the 12th Installment of the franchise.   Does this mean we should expect some decent numbers with future Hybrids "Dune and "Matrix 4"?   I mean "Dune" is very well known in sci-fi circles even though the last live action film was in the 80's.  Of course Matrix was a phenomenon.    Because Michael is one of the Top 3 Horror Icons Ever  so people that want to see it are doing both Big Screen and small screen.  I wonder will peacock release the streaming numbers.   

Halloween Kills GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

almost noone uses peacock

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Gavin Feng said:

WB did hybrid for the whole year, but the biggest debut is just $31M.

Dis & Uni: l~o~s~e~r~

WB pissed off a lot of people with the asinine hybrid thing, starting with Christopher Nolan. Good riddance. Hope they learned their lesson.

1 hour ago, Let There Be Legion said:

Big news for Halloween. 

Bond having a bad drop after all

Doesn't seem great for V2

Guessing 4th num is duel? Of that includes previews 5ish seems right. Wasn't sure it would beat af2 on Fri

V2 number is fine . 48% drop from last Friday same as V1 third weekend. Weekend should be 16m if it continues to play like V1.

20 minutes ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

I'm still shocked that one is still getting a theatrical release. It's an absolute bomb in the making, especially after the 2016 flop and even without 'Rona. Dark Fate couldn't do it for Terminator, and The Suicide Squad also tanked. Sins of the father indeed.

Maybe if the Feig remake didn't exist I could've seen it pull decent numbers, but it would still be coming off of a lukewarmly received movie like Ghostbusters 2.

Can't wait to bump this one on Nov. 19th.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Liiviig 1998 said:

V2 number is fine . 48% drop from last Friday same as V1 third weekend. Weekend should be 16m if it continues to play like V1.

Weekend hold will probably be a bit weaker than Fri hold because we’re dropping from a mildly inflated Sunday. Goes for all holdovers.   

16 looks right to me, which isn’t a disaster or anything but continues to leave 200 looking a bit dicey.

21 minutes ago, filmscholar said:

Hold up.  Halloween Hybrid doing between 47-53?  Wow.   That's huge for October.  This is the 12th Installment of the franchise.   Does this mean we should expect some decent numbers with future Hybrids "Dune and "Matrix 4"?   I mean "Dune" is very well known in sci-fi circles even though the last live action film was in the 80's.  Of course Matrix was a phenomenon.    Because Michael is one of the Top 3 Horror Icons Ever  so people that want to see it are doing both Big Screen and small screen.  I wonder will peacock release the streaming numbers.   

Halloween Kills GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Somebody in this thread suggested a new Freddy movie might deliver $ and I’ll suggest a new Friday the 13th could as well.

(F13 is in litigation hell at the moment though.)

2 minutes ago, John Marston said:

while I think Ghostbusters 3 can do well didn't you also feel No Time to Die would explode, and that obviously hasn't happened. Both franchises appeal to a more older crowd 

Every single time you talk about me you get it wrong.  

Again, Ghostbusters appeals to the 80's nostalgia and is kid oriented and friendly with a great cast.  The movie is great as well.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, John Marston said:

while I think Ghostbusters 3 can do well didn't you also feel No Time to Die would explode, and that obviously hasn't happened. Both franchises appeal to a more older crowd 

Here, let me do an impression of you.  

Didn't you feel Shang-Chi would open to $30m, well that obviously was wrong.  

• Like 1

https://deadline.com/2021/10/halloween-kills-the-last-duel-weekend-box-office-1234856404/

Halloween Kills’ Thrills With $50M+ Opening, Soaring Above Projections, Even With Peacock Day & Date

interesting here with the overperformance of Universal/Blumhouse/Miramax’s Halloween Kills: the pic, while well ahead of its mid $30Ms-$40M projection, is arguably the highest opening we’ve seen during the pandemic for a theatrical-day-and-date, non-transactional title with $50.16M, the 10th highest for October. This doesn’t include Disney+ Premier fare whereby those subscribers have to fork over an additional $29.99 to watch a title. And all of this bodes well for Warner Bros. and Legendary’s domestic launch of Dune next weekend, also on HBO Max, as a great opening could raise that pic’s profile heading into Oscar season.

9 minutes ago, RRA said:

Somebody in this thread suggested a new Freddy movie might deliver $ and I’ll suggest a new Friday the 13th could as well.

(F13 is in litigation hell at the moment though.)

It’s actually made some recent progress to getting out of that hell, hopefully it continues. 12 years without a Friday The 13th movie is so unfair. 

First film back will be huge.