Eric S'ennui

No Way Home Weekend Thread | #RIP AIW Record | 260M OW DOM | 340M OS | 600M OW WW W/O CHINA

50 minutes ago, CJohn said:

This would have been an easy 300M opener in America without COVID.

That's a pretty high bar. Optimistically I'd like to see this as the first true glimpse of normalcy, hopefully boding well for 2022 so we can turn this decade around after a less than stellar start. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, EmpireCity said:

Not true.  Possible, but not all that true.  

I am not sure if this is really needed to be said, but that is obviously my opinion. I am not stating it as a fact.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Flopped said:

After this weekend Hollywood is going to redouble its efforts to make us think Zendaya is some A+ list superstar. Nevermind that Euphoria had middling numbers that were only considered successful because it drew people under 25 to HBO. Or that her Netflix movie absolutely bombed. 

What did she do, steal your lunch money in school? Who talks about an actor like this?

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CJohn said:

This would have been an easy 300M opener in America without COVID.

Charlie and I discussed many months ago that I saw this as TFA type box office, but it would be what TFA would get in Covid - so I saw it as $900M pre-Covid and probably $600M Covid...I'm happy to see I may have underestimated how recovered the needed markets were for this movie to get closer to a pre-Covid result...

3 minutes ago, GoblinXXR said:

So all we know at the moment is "$120M+" but that could be $120.1M or $125M. So the weekend from here could be anything from $250M to possibly $290M if everything falls into place just right.

We're at the point where $3-5 million can drastically change the average end result. $120 million would be huge, since that's a $70m true Friday. Something like that could put Infinity War's Saturday within reach, whereas $115m it's a lot less likely.

• Like 1