Eric the Minion

No Way Home Weekend Thread | #RIP AIW Record | 260M OW DOM | 340M OS | 600M OW WW W/O CHINA

The king has returned.

Who am I do you really want to know.

I'm freaking spider man!!

250-275 mil ow possible??😱😱😱''--- Outstanding I was here when Spider-Man 2002 did the impossible and made 114 million in 3 days. The first to hit to shatter the 100 m 3day. Can a spider man do 200-250 plus m in a pandemic era with this impossible film that lives up to the hype.

You betcha!! Up up and away web!!! Kal-el of Bom 💪💪😎

Edited by Sheldon Cr
  • Like 3

17 minutes ago, GoblinXXR said:

CJohn, is that you working on being a master troll again? All these damn name changes...

They see me troll on, my iPad

I know in my heart they think I’m

Bright ‘n’ thirsty

Think I'm just too bright 'n' thirsty
Can't you see I'm bright 'n' thirsty
Look at me I'm bright 'n' thirsty

I’d like to troll with

The memesters 

Although it’s apparent I’m too

Bright ‘n’ thirsty

I’ve been trending, projectin’

Comic movies you know I dissect ‘em

The nums in my spreadsheet, I must protect ‘em

My electronic keyboard never leaves the board 

Writing online for steals on bettable trivia

I Reddit content multimedia

I memorized the record books really well

I can recite it right now have you “dude that’s too much, LOL”

I track business on the websites

When my friends need some trends who do they call

I internal multi for ‘em all

Some extrapolation for my blog

• Haha 7
  • Astonished 3
  • Knock It Off 1

3 minutes ago, Menace Legion said:

They see me troll on, my iPad

I know in my heart they think I’m

Bright ‘n’ thirsty

I’d like to troll with

The memesters 

Although it’s apparent I’m too

Bright ‘n’ thirsty

I’ve been trending, projectin’

Comic movies you know I dissect ‘em

The nums in my spreadsheet, I must protect ‘em

My electronic keyboard never leaves the board 

Writing online for steals on bettable trivia

I Reddit content multimedia

I memorized the record books really well

I can recite it right now have you “dude that’s too much, LOL”

I track business on the websites

When my friends need some trends who do they call

I internal multi for ‘em all

Some extrapolation for my blog

:worthy:

Next name change...  Weird Al Legion

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Astonished 1

1 hour ago, BoxOfficeZ said:

Dude, your obsession with this is bordering on creepy. If you don't care about her just don't talk about it then lol. 

This is the first time I've spoken about her. Calm down. You're not getting paid by her. Are you? Wouldn't be shocked if her team were paying randos on forums to speak well of her.  

• Haha 3
  • ...wtf 1
  • Knock It Off 9

4 hours ago, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

Nightmare Alley is at 81 Rotten Tomatoes audience. It's probably getting a B or lower cinemascore. It's a 2.5 hour adult drama. Shame it's going to open to like 3m. I'm not a fan but I want better for these movies

2 hours ago, Cap said:

Two, Maybe this right here answers your question about “it being over”. You still need to market a movie. It doesn’t matter who made it or where it’s from.

2 hours ago, Menace Legion said:

What you need to do is stop making movies that people don’t know what they’re about even after you market them. Marketing Nightmare Alley 2x as much or 3x as much or 5x as much or 1.5x as much would be a sure fire recipe to lose even more money. It all comes back to my (previous, though some would also argue current) username.

I really liked Nightmare Alley but am not surprised it's struggling:

• It was clearly greenlit/went into production pre-pandemic as an awards bait drama, but the main audience for those has acted like if they step inside a 10 percent occupied movie theater with a mask on, they will drop dead of Covid on the spot. Or, they're not afraid so much as just used to waiting for streaming by now. Either way, people like that are not going to walk through lobbies full of Spider-Man fans this weekend to see something else.
  • Debuted with a meh RT/Metacritic score by awards bait standards, the improvement on later on got much less attention, a la The Last Duel. Great reviews from the start might have helped get it to $6-10 million, but maybe not.
  • Muddled trailers/ads not giving a clear sense of story/tone/genre. The teaser came out, people not in the loop thought it was supernatural/horror, then they saw a synopsis and were like, "Wait, what?" You don't have to spoil everything in the trailer, but in this climate a movie for grown-ups can't afford to be cute and coy in selling itself. "A conman rises in the world, but will he get away with it all or be destroyed by the enemies he makes along the way?" The movie itself can be about more than that, but you have to lure them in.
  • The star seemingly following Emma Watson's Little Women promotional strategy, which if you're unfamiliar, is baffling and not what you want out of a big name with a well-reviewed movie coming out (and actually he has two this season, with Licorice Pizza). He hasn't totally ghosted the PR tour for NA but it looks like he's picked his spots extremely carefully... Lucky for him Spider-Man has overshadowed everything and it just comes off like Searchlight/Disney decided not to bother with much promo. Will Smith skipped the earliest fall film festivals, and awards bloggers decided he had to be an anti-vaxxer (he ended up doing lots of in-person PR for King Richard). And Ben Affleck has really put his foot in it promoting The Tender Bar this week, maybe more stars should skip interviews if they're going to embarrass themselves.
Edited by BoxOfficeFangrl
  • Like 4

Despite being pretty well received (7.4 average on RT now), critics called Nightmare Alley the most inaccessible Del Toro movie ever, i'm not surprised at all with meh audience reception. Should get some nominations for Oscars, even BP is possible with good campaign and 10 slots, but this time this won't help box office like it did for Shape Of Water, the movie will be dead before the nominations.

OW will be bad but every single movie outside a big franchise this year opened bad too, no matter how well received they are, the problem is not the B cinemascore.

Edited by ThomasNicole
  • Like 1