Eric S'ennui

No Way Home Weekend Thread | #RIP AIW Record | 260M OW DOM | 340M OS | 600M OW WW W/O CHINA

6 minutes ago, Cappoedameron said:

Avengers Endgame had a 60% drop the second weekend right and that was pre-pandemic. Let's see how severe the second weekend drop is.

If it's a 70+% drop then I think there's a year of evidence to know Mega films or indy films it doesn't matter, movie theaters are no longer viable.

It's the holidays. The drop will be closer to 50% than 70%, and that's with Friday being Christmas Eve. 

7 minutes ago, Cappoedameron said:

Avengers Endgame had a 60% drop the second weekend right and that was pre-pandemic. Let's see how severe the second weekend drop is.

If it's a 70+% drop then I think there's a year of evidence to know Mega films or indy films it doesn't matter, movie theaters are no longer viable.

Even if that happens, which it won't, I don't think that could lead to the conclusion you proposed. NWH would've probably already made its entire budget + marketing costs by then which shows how profitable a theatrical release can be.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Daxtreme said:

This is how we're gonna hit 100 pages. Not spamming what we hate, but posting what we love.  :ph34r:

Get ready to hear a 40 page diatribe about why you should P1P1 Palace Jailer over Ancestral Recall 

3 minutes ago, Spidey Freak said:

Regarding Andrew, I think he'd kill it in a live action Peter B. Parker from Spider-Verse situation where he's mentoring younger Spideys. I'd prefer that over a TASM3.

Jason Sudeikis Yes GIF by Apple TV

Venom 3 is the perfect set up to bring Andrew back as Sony's Peter Parker.

Also opinions Andrew had back 7 years ago probably would be a lot more accepting now, wanting MJ to be a guy and Miles Morales being the one who takes the mantle from Garfield for example.

Edited by Cappoedameron

4 minutes ago, XO21 said:

Nevermind I thought spoilers weren't allowed yet then I read the title

Andrew and Tobey are not spoilers. We ruled that on Monday when the embargo dropped. You can reference that they are in the movie. You cannot reference how they are in the movie, or what they do in the movie.

6 minutes ago, Jiffy said:

At least it's better than it falling on a Saturday.

At this point it doesn't really matter what day is. Box office is last 2 weeks mostly follows the date trending, so a loss on 24th Dec is 23rd, 25th gain.

24th gonna be bad no matter what day, Monday or Tuesday or Saturday.

Edited by charlie Jatinder

43 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

Andrew was originally the planned target of the Sinister Six...but having three concurrent Spider-Man series may be a bit much.

If they made sequels to all 3 Spider-Men, I would be there opening day for all 3. 

• Like 2