Eric Lasagna

Weekday Numbers (1/3-6) | 7.9 Spider Monday

31 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Most of XMAS release dropped 65-67% in 4th FRI from Dec 29-30. FRI jump has been all over the place from 50-90%.

Your worst examples going back to 2016 are notoriously skewed films like TLJ and ROS though? Or in the case of Aquaman, way too close to the holiday proper to be a good fit. The week has played out already quite similar to 2011 and the next best calendar match is 2016 and in both cases the best matches (Tron Legacy and SW7) are in the 70-80% range and most other films are over 100%. As much as I play the down card, I'm surprised that I feel like I'm pushing for better behavior than one of the BOGods. 

@WrathOfHan happy new year:

16x:

The King’s Man: Good Boys, Apocalypse Now: Final Cut IMAX, Hustlers, Ford v Ferrari Dolby, The New Mutants IMAX, F9 Dolby, Black Widow Dolby, Free Guy Dolby, Candyman Dolby, Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings IMAX, Venom: Let There Be Carnage IMAX, The Last Duel, Eternals Dolby, The French Dispatch Round 2, West Side Story Dolby

12x:

Morbius: The Gentlemen, Bloodshot IMAX, The New Mutants IMAX, Tenet Round 3 IMAX, The Last Duel, Eternals Dolby, Spider-Man: No Way Home IMAX, The Matrix Resurrections, Spider-Man: No Way Home Round 2, Nightmare Alley, The Matrix Resurrections Round 2, A Journal for Jordan

10x:

Sing 2: F9 Dolby, The Boss Baby: Family Business, Jungle Cruise Dolby, Dear Evan Hansen Dolby, Eternals Dolby, The Addams Family 2, Ron’s Gone Wrong, The Mitchells vs. the Machines, Belfast, Encanto Dolby Atmos

7x:

Jackass Forever: Old, The Suicide Squad IMAX, Candyman Dolby, Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings IMAX, Malignant, Titane, No Time to Die Dolby

The 355: Honest Thief Dolby, Mank, Dear Evan Hansen Dolby, No Time to Die Dolby, The French Dispatch, Spencer, Belfast

The Matrix Resurrections: Malignant, Titane, The Last Duel, Dune Dolby, King Richard, West Side Story Dolby, Spider-Man: No Way Home IMAX

6x:

Rumble: Sonic the Hedgehog Dolby, The Personal History of David Copperfield, Coco Round 7, The Addams Family 2, The Mitchells vs. the Machines, Encanto Dolby Atmos

The Batman: Dune Dolby, Eternals Dolby, The Matrix Resurrections, Spider-Man: No Way Home Round 2, Nightmare Alley, The Matrix Resurrections Round 2

Death on the Nile: Tenet Round 3 IMAX, Honest Thief Dolby, Synchronic, Nightmare Alley, The Matrix Resurrections Round 2, A Journal for Jordan

5x:

Top Gun: Maverick: Gemini Man Dolby HFR120fps3D, Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker Dolby, Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker Round 2 IMAX, A Quiet Place Part II IMAX, Snake Eyes: G.I. Joe Origins IMAX

American Underdog: The Last Duel, The Addams Family 2, Ron’s Gone Wrong, King Richard, West Side Story Dolby

A Journal for Jordan: Dear Evan Hansen Dolby, Spencer, Belfast, King Richard, West Side Story Dolby

Ambulance: Dune Dolby, Spider-Man: No Way Home IMAX, The Matrix Resurrections, Spider-Man: No Way Home Round 2, The Matrix Resurrections Round 2

4x:

Hotel Transylvania: Transformania: Spirit Untamed, In the Heights Round 3, Peter Rabbit 2: The Runaway, Cruella

Turning Red: The Addams Family 2, Ron’s Gone Wrong, Encanto Dolby Atmos, West Side Story Dolby

Moonfall: Malignant, No Time to Die Dolby, Dune Dolby, Spider-Man: No Way Home Round 2

Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness: The Conjuring 2 Round 2, Wrath of Man, Spider-Man: No Way Home IMAX, Spider-Man: No Way Home Round 2

Scream: The Last Duel, Dune Dolby, House of Gucci, Nightmare Alley

Lightyear: Encanto Dolby Atmos, The Matrix Resurrections, Nightmare Alley, The Matrix Resurrections Round 2

Uncharted: Dune Dolby, Spider-Man: No Way Home IMAX, Spider-Man: No Way Home Round 2, A Journal for Jordan

3x:

Minions: The Rise of Gru: The Call of the Wild Dolby, Onward Dolby, The Croods Round 2
Spider-Man: No Way Home: The Conjuring 2 Round 2, Wrath of Man, Venom: Let There Be Carnage IMAX
Nightmare Alley: The French Dispatch, tick, tick… BOOM!, C’mon C’mon
The Tragedy of Macbeth: Lamb, C’mon C’mon, West Side Story Dolby
Fantastic Beasts: The Secrets of Dumbledore: The Matrix Resurrections, Spider-Man: No Way Home Round 2, The Matrix Resurrections Round 2

2x:

The Comeback Trail: Tenet Round 3 IMAX, Honest Thief Dolby
Thor: Love and Thunder: The Conjuring 2 Round 2, Wrath of Man
Black Panther: Wakanda Forever: The Conjuring 2 Round 2, Wrath of Man
The Marvels: The Conjuring 2 Round 2, Wrath of Man
Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania: The Conjuring 2 Round 2, Wrath of Man
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3: The Conjuring 2 Round 2, Wrath of Man
Fantastic Four: The Conjuring 2 Round 2, Wrath of Man
Cyrano: Belfast, House of Gucci
DC League of Super-Pets: The Mitchells vs. the Machines, King Richard
The Northman: The Matrix Resurrections, The Matrix Resurrections Round 2
The Lost City: The Matrix Resurrections, The Matrix Resurrections Round 2

1x:

Parallel Mothers: Small Engine Repair
The Duke: The Lost Leonardo
The Black Phone: The Last Duel
Redeeming Love: Spencer
The Worst Person in the World: Spencer
For the Love of Money: The French Dispatch Round 2
Downton Abbey: A New Era: Belfast
Red Rocket: C’mon C’mon
The Lost Daughter: Don’t Look Up
Munich: Edge of War: Don’t Look Up
Dog: The Matrix Resurrections
Sonic the Hedgehog 2: Spider-Man: No Way Home Round 2
The Outfit: Nightmare Alley
The Devil’s Light: Nightmare Alley
The Unbearable Weight of Massive Talent: The Matrix Resurrections Round 2
The Scary of Sixty-First: The Tragedy of Macbeth
Strawberry Mansion: The Tragedy of Macbeth
The Unbreakable Boy: A Journal for Jordan
Marry Me: A Journal for Jordan

Edited by Blankments

9 hours ago, Product Driven Legion said:

Coulda been worse I guess. 

The drops this week are normal if you consider the weekly drops. They are right in line with TFA which also had 73-78% weekly drops on the weekdays after new years weekend. NWH had better than expected drop on Monday due to lieu holiday but Tue/Wed has been right in line. Thursday should stay relatively flat or a small swing either way. 

Also the weekend should be around 26-28m which would again be right in line with TFA. 31 million seems very optimistic though I hope it happens. 

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

anyway you slice it, NWH is going to be #2 Marvel movie dom (behind only Endgame) and #3 movie WW (behind Endgame and IW) only because it didn't get China release. Otherwise it would have challenged IW WW.

Is it just me that it hurt the legacy of Marvel success a little bit ?

There was no brilliant build up, not a single particularly good spider man movie since Spider Man 2, yet a Jon Watts movie of all peoples, with those trailers of all trailers open like that just by throwing a lot of beloved figure in it ?

• Like 2
  • Disbelief 1

22 minutes ago, RiddlerXXR said:

Hmm, I figured with the Q3/Q4 2021 inflation push it would be a bit lower. 

ticket prices in non fancy theaters barely go up. Definitely behind inflation.

not to mention its so damn easy to get a deal on amc movies without trying hard