filmlover

94th Academy Awards Discussion Thread | WHAT JUST HAPPENED

1 minute ago, Spidey Freak said:

They are in an open marriage. Like Will ain't getting around. Your misogyny is jumping out for needlessly dragging Jada.

An open marriage is fine if they have both agreed to it. Who gives a fuck? But Will was clearly in a shit ton of pain when Jada kept talking about the affair.

Will was no saint by any means pre-slap. I'm just saying this was fucking assault and he needs to be punished for it. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Noctis said:

Sure, but this guy knows Chris Rock meant nothing bad and made a joke about GI Jane - completely harmless.

Let's not pretend Will Smith was not LAUGHING until his wife rolled her eyes. 

The only guy I feel bad for right now is Chris Rock, not Will Smith.

"Completely harmless" is defined differently by everyone in any moment, of course.  I'd like to see how many forum members here would be able to keep it together for 30+ years under the A-list spotlight and then you get married, and then the gossip rolls in, and then you're on the world stage buzzed to win Best Actor for playing a very high-profile father of the two most accomplished tennis players in history, while even a fellow Best Director nominee on the awards circuit can't fail to commit a faux-pas on that very high-profile American Black family that you've been graced with representing on-screen.  

And guess what, Smith may have been laughing -- and then he may have looked at his wife who wasn't -- and if your partner in life is experiencing something painful, that should encourage you to take notice of it and perhaps do something about it.  His actions may have been too much, but you cannot say that he responded to Rock's joke with indifference.  I don't feel bad at all for Chris Rock, he knows very well what he's doing, and he played it off as best he could.  Both of these men should have ideally taken it outside, of course.  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Noctis said:

Is there something I did not get with the GI Jane joke? Is she suffering from some sort of illness? 

I think they said she suffers from Alopecia, but i get the feeling there's more to this. They got beef for a long time

Will smith just save the show.

They expanded the category to 10 titles and they celebrate the most diverse jury ever to have movies lifetime movies with 3 nominations winning best Picture 

It's really better having people focused to other things and not to how art and culture in america is at the lowest point and nobody can say nothing or is an "acist" against something. 

Edited by vale9001
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, CJohn said:

The year of Coda. Happy Oscars night. From the nominees in 2 years we will only remember Dune anyway so who cares. At least it is a win for inclusion. Have fun everyone. I will read all about the cringe tomorrow morning.

The year of Will Smith trying to commit homicide on live TV.