Cap

AMERICA CHAVEZ IN THE MULTIVERSE OF MADNESS WEEKEND THREAD | Aka carbonara civil war thread | 187.42M OW

22 minutes ago, marveldcfox said:

You know what did multiverse thing well? The flash TV show. 

They did It pretty good at the time for sure but man that show is terrible now. 

• Like 1

Fire Feige!!!!!

So WB/discovery can hire him please. 

• Astonished 1

Anyone who was seriously expecting Multiverse of Madness to be a critical darling had misplaced expectations.

75% with critics and 88% with audiences is more than fine with what this film was trying to be, and the numerous choices made behind the scenes.

This was MCU interconnection at its most unrestrained outside of the Avengers films and Civil War. It’s definitely the most go-for-broke gonzo MCU experience. It’s Sam Raimi putting all his tricks to use. It’s chock full of fan service. It’s very much not for kids or young families.

What were people expecting?

41 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

I'm low key hoping for 199m OW for the flood of sarcastic "crumbling/fire Feige/MCU is dead" comments.

Lol, I think $199m would be real hard, Disney will conveniently remember they sold some late-night $100k VIP tickets at the El Capitan.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, lorddemaxus said:

Yeah lmao. This changes everything

The mtg scene around Cal used to be much better than Palo Alto. Eudemonia on university ave was great, lot of pros around, friendly ownership/staff and I spent a lot of Friday nights there in high school. Closed during the pandemic unfortunately iirc, Games of Berkeley I think it still kicking.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Derpity said:

Lol, I think $199m would be real hard, Disney will conveniently remember they sold some late-night $100k VIP tickets at the El Capitan.

Doctor Strange in the Puerto Rico of Madness.

8 minutes ago, ringedmortality said:

All CW shows are terrible. I remember when people would talk about how good Arrow was back in the early 2010s, so I put on the first episode and it was dogshit. Anytime anyone says "oh this one is actually good" they're lying.

People are lying cause they have different opinions then you? lol

I loved the first seasons of both Flash and Arrow and right now for me S&L is easily the best comic book show besides Peacemaker over the last few years. 

I can respect you don’t like the shows but saying people are lying cause you don’t agree seems pretty dumb. 

• Like 4

I laughed at the number of screenings earlier this weekend, but my theater has  3:50, 3:55, 4:00, 4:05, 4:10, and 4:15 showings today (it’s 4:00 now) and they all basically sold out 😐

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, ringedmortality said:

All CW shows are terrible. I remember when people would talk about how good Arrow was back in the early 2010s, so I put on the first episode and it was dogshit. Anytime anyone says "oh this one is actually good" they're lying.

They’re all lying because…. you watched the pilot episode of one of the shows 12 years ago? 

(I don’t watch them, but Yeesh)

• Like 4

Arrow was a refreshing breath of fresh air for the first 9 eps or so when he was just killing people. AFAIK the remaining 100 or so eps reverting to silly angst  about how taking lives was bad blah blah blah

Edited by Illuminegion Confirmed

19 minutes ago, ringedmortality said:

You do not disrespect Crazy Ex-Girlfriend in this house.