Eric Prime

TOP GUN MAVERICK/MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND THREAD | 126.7M 3-Day, 160.5M 4-Day. The biggest Memorial Day opening ever! | Doctor Strange 20.5M 4-Day, Bob's Burgers 14.8M

Why do we not have major release films focused on flying? The photography is simply beautiful. The major money shots from historically great marketing campaigns for IRON MAN, PEARL HARBOR, TRANSFORMERS, INDEPENDENCE DAY all focused on aerial battles. The shots of the wave of helicopters in the ads for BLACK HAWK DOWN were stunning. Even AVATARS major money shots were they flying on those huge birds. Audiences love a good aerial dog fight. 

Edited by excel1

1 minute ago, snarkmachine said:

Curious to see what Cruise does post TG and MI movies. Hope he doesn't go back to doing generic crap like Jack Reacher or The Mummy or whatever. 

He's a really underrated dramatic actor, I'd love to see him in a non-action role again

In the end Brad Pitt was the right choice, but I would have KILLED to see Cruise in Once Upon a Time in Hollywood. Or even just a Magnolia-style dramatic role. I think the last non-action movie Cruise starred in was American Made, and then before that...um...Rock of Ages? The time is now Cruise!

• Like 1

Superbero and mcu films are popular and liked but I do feel people do miss well made simple large budget blockbusters as well that have been missing for the past few years.

I think this, Jurrasic Park and avatar 2 will make a ton of money this year.

Edited by Torontofan
  • Like 6

1 minute ago, Maggie said:

Why did fire Jim Gianapolus, again? These films are his baby

Did Jim Giannopoulos make Good Burger, the greatest film ever conceived by humans? I think not!

• Astonished 1

27 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Not even 20M in the 3 days total? Damn.

I admit to only frequent these halls when there’s a movie I care for, and somehow you are always the one to bring doom and gloom to the proceedings. Why do you do that?

• Like 1

Just now, Xavier said:

I admit to only frequent these halls when there’s a movie I care for, and somehow you are always the one to bring doom and gloom to the proceedings. Why do you do that?

He's joking. lol