Eric Prime

4th of July Weekend | Tiktok propels Minions 2 to 108.5 3-Day OW | TGM 25.5, Elvis 19, JWD 15.6, Black Phone 12.3 | Independence Day Weekend Sale!

54 minutes ago, M37 said:

Diminished holiday BO effect continues (and possibly people avoiding crowds after the incident in Highland Park yesterday morning)

Possibly but we also probably shouldn't underestimate that for a lot of people, this was the first 4th of July without any public mask requirements/social distancing/crowd concerns due to COVID in three years.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Possibly but we also probably shouldn't underestimate that for a lot of people, this was the first 4th of July without any public mask requirements/social distancing/crowd concerns due to COVID in three years.

That’s what I mean by diminished holiday effect: people are enjoying the renewed opportunity to engage in social events around holidays, movies get pushed down the list 

Also this whole thread detailing the Minions phenomenon and how it came to be is...truly quite something. Especially the reports and photos of people bringing bananas into the theaters. Is it because the Minions like bananas? What was the last movie to inspire such Rocky Horror-style audience participation insanity? :hahaha:

12 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Minions down over $4m on estimates. 

Still a great opening but I wonder if this TikTok trend inflated things and it’s going to have a heavy drop this weekend for an animated film. 

nothing's shocking anymore.

13 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Still a great opening but I wonder if this TikTok trend inflated things and it’s going to have a heavy drop this weekend for an animated film. 

I mean, it only feels worse due to the size, but nothing was on point yesterday. And if 2015 was an indication, a massive for animated drop isnt a question, its more of a how much.

8 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Do NOT let the suits back at the film studios see this Tik Tok trend, they'll start trying to manufacture cringe "social media takeovers"

Not every film can get episodes of Bones dedicated to them okay?

1 hour ago, Krissykins said:

The first movie dropped 57.4% against Ant-Man($57M OW).

Minions 2 will drop 60%+.

Edited by efialtes76
  • Like 1