grim22

Weekend thread 7/15-7/17 | Actuals: Thor 4 46.63M, Minions 26.83, Crawdads 17.25, TGM 12.26, Elvis 8, Paws of Fury 6.31

6 minutes ago, Grebacio said:

Which are the odds Paws of Fury ends up getting the lowest OW?

Pretty low IMO. Like Bad Guys, it’s probably going to play to much younger kids, and that had nearly a 21x in April. Paws will be lower because of summer, but I don’t think by like half. Might even nudge up over Ron, but below Croods

In battle of Paws, Patrol > Fury 

11 minutes ago, Grebacio said:

Is Lightyear on PVOD already? There's a 1080p copy on the internet.

LY is being sold at garage sales for $0.25. 

10 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

I am shocked Paws of Fury seems to get bad reception. Judging by the trailer, it looked like the next Shawshank Redemption, Citizen Kane or The Room.

I think you meant Room, the Brie Larson film, and not The Room, because I did kind of get those vibes 

• Haha 2

35 minutes ago, M37 said:

I think you meant Room, the Brie Larson film, and not The Room, because I did kind of get those vibes 

No no i meant The Room. Its a Masterpiece. Have you seen that acting? Its tearing me apart every time i watch it. Makes me want to throw spoons at the silver screen honestly.

EDIT - Quoted the wrong post earlier.

I can't imagine anything less than 5M. It's been running behind JWFK same day of release dailies by anywhere from 400K to 600M each day this week Monday through Thursday. JWFK did 6.8M on it's comparable weekend. I'd say JWD will do something like 5.1M to 5.6M this weekend. After the weekend JWD should be pacing about 37.5M~ behind JWFK(it's currently 36M+ behind JWFK)... If the trend of JWD continues of it tracking behind JWFK as it has, I'd expect a final domestic total between 370M and 375M though starting to think closer to 370M DOM final for JWD unless it reverses the trend and somehow starts pacing ahead of JWD... Something it hasn't done outside of a day or two or three it's entire run so far.

Edited by JohnnyGossamer

Movies that cut out death from their source material because hollywood is dumb:

the book thief

avengers: infinity war

Movies that kept death as a character because they're cool

the prince of egypt

the seventh seal

• Astonished 1