Cap

MARVEL STUDIOS PRESENTS SAN DIEGO COMIC CON | THURSDAY: WWE PANEL | FRIDAY: LOTRs | SATURDAY: KEVIN | SUNDAY: BARGAINING SHOPPING | WE'RE BACK, BAY BEE.

We officially have 65 minutes from the Marvel panel. I hope they start on time, because I need to run across the convention center to get to my AEW panel.  I love you Kevin. But you’re not getting between me and Bryan Danielson. 

What’s happening right now is the annual feminist panel. So what happens is that Eddie always schedules a hour long discussion where he gets amazing women working in the industry, and then talks about their experiences working as a woman in the industry.  So there’s discussions about sexism and privilege and those “horrible” “woke” words that people hate, and forced to listen to it while you wait for your marvel panel. It’s AAAAAMAZING. I love that he does this. And it’s totally intentional.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, cax16 said:

lmfao someone got their scheduled post times wrong. He is legit making an appearance at the marvel booth right now. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Okay, here are my last minute predictions for the Marvel panel:

-First teaser for Wakanda Forever (released online too)

- New She Hulk footage (released online too)

- Guardians Holiday footage (not released online)

-AMatWP Quantumania footage (not released online)

- Release dates for Blade, Fantastic Four, Shang Chi 2, Captain America 4 and a few D+ shows

- Fantastic Four director announcement

• Like 1

So random thoughts while waiting for Marvel to start. 

1.  Again, really really wished WB would have brought Barbie. I know it’s a year away, but it just feels like an oversight.  Even like a 2 minute BTS video. And Dune. Even if you didn’t want to bring the cast, there are ways to make Hype Videos that would have done wonders. 

2 Speaking of Hype Videos… WHERE IS AVATAR? No, Seriously, cards on the table: Where the fuck is the Avatar 2 panel? I have been walking around all weekend and there are like NO Avatar t-shirts or merch or fanart or Cosplay.  Avatar might be something we here on BOT talk about all the time, because we are a box office forum and it’s the biggest box office film of all time. Out in the real world, and out in fandom world, it’s kind of a dead property. Sure, the IMAX trailer is making its rounds, and Pandora in Disney World exists (but who can afford to go there anymore), but where are the trending hashtags or hype? 

Bring Cameron and Zoe. Drop some footage with story/plots. Get people PSYCHED again and riled up so they are EXCITED to go watch it again on its re-release, and go watch Avatar 2. 

They easily could’ve filled the Hall on with that.  Make it like the marquee event on Thursday or Friday. 

It just feels like such a wasted opportunity. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Cap said:

1.  Again, really really wished WB would have brought Barbie. I know it’s a year away, but it just feels like an oversight.  Even like a 2 minute BTS video. And Dune. Even if you didn’t want to bring the cast, there are ways to make Hype Videos that would have done wonders. 

2 Speaking of Hype Videos… WHERE IS AVATAR? No, Seriously, cards on the table: Where the fuck is the Avatar 2 panel? I have been walking around all weekend and there are like NO Avatar t-shirts or merch or fanart or Cosplay.  Avatar might be something we here on BOT talk about all the time, because we are a box office forum and it’s the biggest box office film of all time. Out in the real world, and out in fandom world, it’s kind of a dead property. Sure, the IMAX trailer is making its rounds, and Pandora in Disney World exists (but who can afford to go their anymore), but where are the trending hashtags or hype? 

Bring Cameron and Zoe. Drop some footage with story/plots. Get people PSYCHED again and riled up so they are EXCITED to go watch it again on its re-release, and go watch Avatar 2. 

They easily could’ve filled the Hall on with that.  Make it like the marquee event on Thursday or Friday. 

I went to a small con in June (Niagara Falls Comic-con) and 1 artist was selling avatar fan art. A used video and record store had a Blu-ray. The artist still had the piece as I left

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Cap said:

2 Speaking of Hype Videos… WHERE IS AVATAR? No, Seriously, cards on the table: Where the fuck is the Avatar 2 panel? I have been walking around all weekend and there are like NO Avatar t-shirts or merch or fanart or Cosplay.  Avatar might be something we here on BOT talk about all the time, because we are a box office forum and it’s the biggest box office film of all time. Out in the real world, and out in fandom world, it’s kind of a dead property. Sure, the IMAX trailer is making its rounds, and Pandora in Disney World exists (but who can afford to go there anymore), but where are the trending hashtags or hype? 

Can’t speak for anyone but in the Superman thread Grimm was saying WB/ discovery didn’t even want DC to be at sdcc this year cause leadership is still being figured out after the merger but The Rock wanted to do it so they sent the new line movies, I’d assume it’s probably the same reason they didn’t bring any other movies and also didn’t set up on the comic con floor like they usually do right? 

• Like 3

It's not movie related but the Star Trek Lower Decks and Strange New Worlds crossover sounds like a great idea. I'm assuming they'll use alternate universes to allow live action actors to appear with the animated characters and vice versa.

LMFAO. THEY JUST ANNOUNCED THERE IS AN EMERGENCY ALARM AND TO NOT GO ANYWHERE??!?!?

LMFAO. And then two minutes later they cleared it?!?!!

LETS FUUUUCKIING GOOOOOOOOO

• Haha 2
  • Astonished 2

24 minutes ago, Cap said:

WHERE IS AVATAR? No, Seriously, cards on the table: Where the fuck is the Avatar 2 panel? I have been walking around all weekend and there are like NO Avatar t-shirts or merch or fanart or Cosplay.  Avatar might be something we here on BOT talk about all the time, because we are a box office forum and it’s the biggest box office film of all time. Out in the real world, and out in fandom world, it’s kind of a dead property. Sure, the IMAX trailer is making its rounds, and Pandora in Disney World exists (but who can afford to go there anymore), but where are the trending hashtags or hype? 

I don't think Avatar has that type of target audience. 

3 minutes ago, Cap said:

LMFAO. THEY JUST ANNOUNCED THERE IS AN EMERGENCY ALARM AND TO NOT GO ANYWHERE??!?!?

LMFAO. And then two minutes later they cleared it?!?!!

LETS FUUUUCKIING GOOOOOOOOO

Feige was like, "They will burn to death for what I shall give them and they'll be happy about it!"

• Haha 2
  • Astonished 1

This room is about to lose its mind. It’s the loudest and most rambious I have heard all day. 

The LFGGGGGGGOO CLapping and cheers have already started.

• Like 2
  • Astonished 3

6 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

I don't think Avatar has that type of target audience. 

I mean, Avatar blew up after 2009 Comic Con, so.... 

ETA: That is, even if Avatar [currently] isn't the type of property to get a lot of rabid fans out there, @Cap is exactly right that this was a pretty big Missed Opportunity.

Suppose The Mouse is waiting for D23 and/or didn't want to step on Marvel's announcements/PR.

Edited by Porthos
  • Thanks 1