John Marston

Weekdays Thread (11/14-17)

17 minutes ago, M37 said:

Maybe more later evening East Cosst time, but in the weekend thread by Rth, yours for Sunday and even EC’s number up top. Not a significant discrepancy, but a consistent shading under. Just thought it was notable 

I gave a SUN number? lemme check... I did. Yeah I was basing that of SAT 56.5M given by Disney. Not much diff and at times DIS SUN and MON numbers are bit lower than what they look. 

RTH SAT felt off when he gave, probably had some calculation error. It looked like around 55M throughout day, ended up at around 56.

Pretty normal performance for it so far.

Edited by charlie Jatinder
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

So checking 2021 THEME report, it has two ethnicity datas.

One has caucasian survey average 45%

Screenshot-20221115-220657.png 

while other is 57% from other agency
Screenshot-20221115-220733.png

The diff is huge. Not sure which is right, I guess 2nd one looks better. 

I really think this is a pandemic story. 2017-2019 shows 2,3, and 5 point gaps in the two different surveys versus 2021's 12 point gap. So is this capturing biases introduced into posttrak or are people overrepresenting theatergoing post-pandemic in telephone polls? Looking at asian/other numbers makes my gut suggest there's something wonky in posttrak. 

I know movio produces some stuff like this from time to time so that would be an interesting third source to get a sense of what's going on.  

I'm pretty sure I know the answer here, but just checking...

Looking at the list of biggest November openings, most of their first Mondays drop around 65%. Is this because of their proximity to Thanksgiving? All the biggest November openings land on the weekend before Thanksgiving. The biggest November opening that doesn't land on that particular weekend, and the one that resembles WF's Monday drop, is indeed another MCU film (Thor: Ragnarok).

I suppose the "November always has soft weekdays and strong weekends" rule applies to releases from roughly the first half of the month then.

1 (1) Black Panther: Wakanda Fo… Walt Disney $11,125,499 -73%   4,396 $2,531 $192,465,260 4
2 (2) Black Adam Warner Bros. $450,573 -78% -66% 3,603 $125 $151,024,136 25
3 (3) Ticket to Paradise Universal $434,670 -67% -41% 3,633 $120 $56,748,015 25
- (7) The Banshees of Inisherin Searchlight … $168,341 -60% -20% 960 $175 $5,903,118 25
  • Like 4
  • Sad 1

Tomorrow TTP is going to pass Black Adam tomorrow. Quite some achievment. 

TTP will sit around $62m going into Thanksgiving week and probably at around $67m after TG (I looked at Hacksaw Ridge as a 2016 comparison) off a $2,6m weekend. Should be on its way to finish between $75m and $80m.

Media's trying to do their part in giving BP2 great staying power. I keep seeing positive articles come up. That's a good thing. This is one instance where I like what they are doing. Sure beats them idolizing Nick Cannon for having babies with 20 women at the same time!!!

Edited by jedijake

2 minutes ago, jedijake said:

Media's trying to do their part in giving BP2 great staying power. I keep seeing positive articles come up. That's a good thing. This is one instance where I like what they are doing. Sure beats them idolizing Nick Cannon for having babies with 20 women at the same time!!!

…what are you even talking about?

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, Verrows said:

Looking at the list of biggest November openings, most of their first Mondays drop around 65%. Is this because of their proximity to Thanksgiving? All the biggest November openings land on the weekend before Thanksgiving. The biggest November opening that doesn't land on that particular weekend, and the one that resembles WF's Monday drop, is indeed another MCU film (Thor: Ragnarok).

I suppose the "November always has soft weekdays and strong weekends" rule applies to releases from roughly the first half of the month then.

Yes, thanksgiving mon is soft since there is some level of formal school break for the entire week and some level of people informally taking off monTues to get a 9day off period.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Verrows said:

Yes. BP will be dropping in low 60s that Monday 

• Thanks 1

80 would be excellent.  

Following Rag % of sat sun, would be 72 — but Rag 2nd wknd was vet boosted!   

Personally I’d take anything over 70 as a pretty good drop.

Edit: DS1 would take to 79, but that was even more vet boosted (fri instead of sat) and is a 1st entry/much smaller opening.

Edited by Legion By Night
  • Like 2