John Marston

Weekdays Thread (11/14-17)

29 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

Something weird about wakanda. I dont remember Charlie being so off with his morning number. Could it be that its over indexing somewhere that is causing over estimation. 

Well I didn't look numbers personally. Lemme check.

Edit: Yeah so last update was 13M reported with some 700 locs to report. Should be around 13.6. Probably comScore had any hiccup or Deadline is on crack.

Edit 2: It seems former. Comscore has corrected it now. Happens time to time some manual entry error adding one/two extra digit.

Edited by charlie Jatinder
  • Like 8

33 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Edit: Yeah so last update was 13M reported with some 700 locs to report. Should be around 13.6. Probably comScore had any hiccup or Deadline is on crack.

Well deadline always wrong in their early numbers 

Edited by Nikostar

9 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Edit 2: It seems former. Comscore has corrected it now. Happens time to time some manual entry error adding one/two extra digit.

Well that clears that up. Not as strong a Tuesday as one would have liked but I also can't say I'm surprised because I knew that Tuesday bumps are more muted than they were before covid.

All in hoping for is really strong weekends. Hopefully it doesn't drop 43% today like Ragnarok did.

12 minutes ago, stripe said:

Nope
72M puts WF to 290M+ after 10 days. No way it just grosses 160M after that, even more with Thanksgiving and Christmas.
Next week we should see strong numbers. I expect that WF will be over 380M+ after 17 days. That's more than enough to approach 500M DOM.

Ragnarok did $103M more after doing $57 million in the 2nd weekend, and the WOM of WF seems the same as Ragnarok, so can it do $200M or more after the 2nd weekend(72M) to reach $500M?

7 minutes ago, Factcheck said:

Ragnarok did $103M more after doing $57 million in the 2nd weekend, and the WOM of WF seems the same as Ragnarok, so can it do $200M or more after the 2nd weekend(72M) to reach $500M?

Better than that. WF has Thanksgiving earlier in its run and no competition like Justice League. Also I believe it'll have a more rewarding run than Ragnarok through Christmas, new year. (Maybe Avatwo will be bigger than TLJ, jumanji and TGS combined, but I highly doubt it). 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Initially I had it at 130 or so, still have but those 3 had either a big release opening, in case of Ragnarok Justice League, or Eternals had bad WOM.

Won't be surprised with 150+ or even 160

But a good portion of that new release (and WOM) effect is already baked into the Thursday number, -14/15/17% for each. I could see maybe +150, but 160 just seems like a stretch for this Friday. Also should continue to be more backloaded into Sat/Sun (+70/-30 or better) than comps (+65/-33) but I don’t foresee  Friday topping $20M

3 minutes ago, M37 said:

But a good portion of that new release (and WOM) effect is already baked into the Thursday number, -14/15/17% for each. I could see maybe +150, but 160 just seems like a stretch for this Friday. Also should continue to be more backloaded into Sat/Sun (+70/-30 or better) than comps (+65/-33) but I don’t foresee  Friday topping $20M

You're expecting Thursday to come in below 8m? That seems harsh. 

3 minutes ago, Tokugennumataka said:

You're expecting Thursday to come in below 8m? That seems harsh. 

Didn’t say that? Rather it shouldn’t drop as much as those others on Thur because of lack of competition and keeping PLFs - but the Th/Fr ratio should be close to comps, not outrun them. A ~10% drop from Wed, maybe less

21 minutes ago, efialtes76 said:

Civil War was at $294M after a $72M second weekend and ended with $408M.

I don't see WF making $500M.

Civil War did not have good legs, especially for that time when MCU legs were generally better.

The old guy watching all the younger followers panicking.... you will learn in time, just relax. BP is doing fine for the time of year. Nothing out of the ordinary so far, and certainly not bad. 

Also, for the one asking about Deadlines number being real or fake, its not an either or. Charlie noted earlier that Comscore apparently had an issue with their data which skewed the overnight. Charlie's was correct for the data given, Deadlines was correct for the data correctly given. Deadline doesnt make up numbers in the morning of. Early Thursday and Friday stuff, sure to a point. 

• Like 2