Weekdays Thread (11/14-17)

8 minutes ago, Liiviig 1998 said:

23.6% jump . 

Around 9m Wednesday.

Low to mid 8s on Thursday .

21-22m friday

75-80m+ weekend.

That would be pretty good.

Most movies drop about 22-25% Thanksgiving weekend. Hopefully mid-to-upper 50's for weekend 3 with 80% of that during the week.

There's a chance it COULD be at $400 million by the end of its third weekend.

54 minutes ago, Liiviig 1998 said:

23.6% jump . 

Around 9m Wednesday.

Low to mid 8s on Thursday .

21-22m friday

75-80m+ weekend.

That would be an awfully big Friday jump (+160%) for the pre-Thanksgiving weekend, especially in second week.  Strange was +130%, Ragnarok +137% and Eternals +120% for this same Friday (all in week 3 though). I'm expecting the weekend to be around 8.5-9.0x Thursday's total, with anything over $70M being a solid second weekend result following a moderately inflated holiday opening, and managing to slide under 60% drop being very good.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, M37 said:

That would be an awfully big Friday jump (+160%) for the pre-Thanksgiving weekend, especially in second week.  Strange was +130%, Ragnarok +137% and Eternals +120% for this same Friday (all in week 3 though). I'm expecting the weekend to be around 8.5-9.0x Thursday's total, with anything over $70M being a solid second weekend result following a moderately inflated holiday opening, and managing to slide under 60% drop being very good.

Yup, 8.5-9x sounds right. But thinking Thu ends up at 9-9.5M though. 

8 minutes ago, Factcheck said:

With $72M (-60%) 2nd weekend, is WF heading for a $425-450M DOM total?

No, Thanksgiving week will be juiced, and its got open real estate until avatwo/puss in boots and even after that it will be in the top 5 for a while, should reach 500m if not more 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Factcheck said:

With $72M (-60%) 2nd weekend, is WF heading for a $425-450M DOM total?

Nope
72M puts WF to 290M+ after 10 days. No way it just grosses 160M after that, even more with Thanksgiving and Christmas.
Next week we should see strong numbers. I expect that WF will be over 380M+ after 17 days. That's more than enough to approach 500M DOM.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Initially I had it at 130 or so, still have but those 3 had either a big release opening, in case of Ragnarok Justice League, or Eternals had bad WOM.

Won't be surprised with 150+ or even 160

What do you think happened with the Tuesday number? Not ragging on you, but genuinely curious.

• Like 1