Eric Prime

Weekdays Thread (12/19-22) | Avatar: The Way of 14.5 | Mon 16.2, Tue 18.3, Wed 14.3, Thu 14.5| Puss 3.2 OD | Check In For Your Hourly Weather Update

2 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Jurassic World is the biggest blockbuster event of all time. Tickets could have been 50$ and people would have still shown up back in 2015. It can't be compared to anything else except Endgame and The Force Awakens. Jurassic World would have opened with 300M+ in todays market and I honestly think it would have topped Endgame.

:)

2 hours ago, Deep Wang said:

Yes, but it doesn't have 14-17 days left, it has about 11 including today and two of those days are Christmas Eve/New Years Eve.  

Do you think it will miss 500?

20 minutes ago, Gkalaitza said:

Avatar 2 might be slightly less of a crowd pleaser than a top 2-3 most crowd-pleasing and hyped CBM ever but it still might likely make ~1.6b without China as well . And without Russia/Ukraine and in worse exchange rates while outgrossing NWH in most countries. ATP plays a factor as well but in general i doupt there is a significant gap in "crowdpleasing-ness" between the 2 among the GA

If A2 makes 1.5 billion without China that's not slightly less than Endgame or NWH.

That's half a billion of a difference 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, CJohn said:

NWH is the biggest blockbuster event of all time. Tickets could be 50$ and people would still show up. It can't be compared to anything else except Endgame and The Force Awakens. NWH would have opened with 300M+ in a normal market and I honestly think it would have topped Endgame.

I definitely believe in 300m+ OW given that it was supposed to be a July release pre-pandemic. Not sure if it’d have the legs to top Endgame.

350m+ and it could’ve challenged TFA, though.

Edited by cookie

9 minutes ago, baumer said:

For Saturday to Wednesday, it grossed about 97% of Rogue One's total. The Wednesday number itself was 96.2% of Rogue One's Wednesday. They had identical release dates, so it's a fair comparison. If the movie continues making 96-97% of Rogue One's daily gross the rest of the way, it will finish right at $500M. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, baumer said:

I didn't say that lol.

It's just that it's trialling R1 by $22m and likely going to lose more ground this weekend before heading into the final holiday stretch.  It should easily have better post-holiday legs, we just have to see how it does next week.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

If A2 makes 1.5 billion without China that's not slightly less than Endgame or NWH.

That's half a billion of a difference 

I said 1.6b . NWH without Russia/Ukraine made 1.85b . Thats not an enormous difference and if you start balancing and counterbalancing ER, inflation, ATP the gap may shrink even more . So based on that i said that those numbers wouldnt indicate that A2 's reception by the GA is noticably weaker, especially since it will outgross/outadmit NWH in most markets

Edited by Gkalaitza
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, baumer said:

5 minutes ago, Deep Wang said:

I didn't say that lol.

It's just that it's trialling R1 by $22m and likely going to lose more ground this weekend before heading into the final holiday stretch.  It should easily have better post-holiday legs, we just have to see how it does next week.

530-560 final 

• Like 1