XXR & Friends

New Years Weekend Thread || Dec. 30-Jan. 1 || ATWOW $67.4M 3rd WE - $88.8M 4-Day WE — Orange Panther $22.6M 4-Day!

3 minutes ago, M37 said:

What’s the value when using Thursday as the primary comp? Might see a similar if not larger under-index due to CFP games 

And if - after the last 3 days - we suddenly see a reversion to like +5-10% vs RO baseline, these boards are going to be fun :popcorn:

Would be right at 19 against Thursday.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, M37 said:

What’s the value when using Thursday as the primary comp? Might see a similar if not larger under-index due to CFP games 

And if - after the last 3 days - we suddenly see a reversion to like +5-10% vs RO baseline, these boards are going to be fun :popcorn:

On risk of being broken record

high ground GIF

• Astonished 2

13 minutes ago, M37 said:

Even 17m would be up 16% on RO. 

3 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

Number seems pretty good to me. 

In and of itself its good, it's just a bigger drop than I would have liked to see. I'm hoping our comp is just under indexing again and it's actually closer to 18.5-19. 

• Like 2

With a day like christmas eve, looking at a single chain might be kind of vulnerable.

You only need a sligthly different closing pattern than in other chains and the results could be all over the place. 

I guess we just have to wait here.

Either way, even 17m would be the second biggest NYE of all time if i'm not mistaken. 

2 hours ago, upriser7 said:

Earlier today, I came across this tweet from a guy I follow on twitter (he is mainly a Finance guy but also tweets about sports, politics etc but not a huge movie buff)...and then in the replies, I saw few other normies agreeing with him on how there aren't many movie options these days to go and see a light hearted fun movie in theaters. This made we wondering...are these kind of mid-budget comedy, light hearted fun movies that he was referring to here going to hugely succeed in these post-pandemic era ? I haven't seen them yet but don't movies like Ticket to Paradise, Lost City fit these categories ? Yet they barely struggled to do $100M Dom, $200M WW

ignoramuses not realizing Tar is a light-hearted comedy

Edited by interiorgatordecorator

As expected, people want to let loose and party their hearts out after being cucked for the last couple of years. Not a lot of room for moviegoing. An increase from last weekend would have been glorious, but a single digit drop is still fantastic. A $60M 3-day weekend and around an $80M 4-day frame would be my guess.

Just now, BadOlCatSylvester said:

As expected, people want to let loose and party their hearts out after being cucked for the last couple of years. Not a lot of room for moviegoing. An increase from last weekend would have been glorious, but a single digit drop is still fantastic. A $60M 3-day weekend and around an $80M 4-day frame would be my guess.

It's not going that low for the 3-day. Even $17M flat today and a standard increase puts it over $61M. I think it will still be over last weekend. 

• Like 1

Ball just dropped on the East Coast, so I am going to bed. Happy New Year, all. Let’s keep the party going all through 2023. May the Weekend Threads be filled with big numbers, big meltdowns, and big memes. 

oh; and of course. I will provide the puppy pics. 

331D3229-A077-4379-82FA-95E07F80E3D5.jpeg

• Like 10
  • Thanks 4