GOGODanca

Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania — Weekend Thread | 105.5M 3-Day, 120M 4-Day

6 minutes ago, GOGODanca said:

Comps:

Ant-Man and The Wasp: Quantumania

• 3.5 Stars, 75% Positive, 60% Recommend (Thursday)

Black Panther: Wakanda Forever

• 5 Stars, 83% Recommend (Thursday)
  • 93% Positive, 85% Definite Recommend (Friday)
  • 5 Stars, 93% Positive, 85% Definite Recommend (Saturday)

Thor: Love and Thunder

• 3.5 Stars, 63% Definite Recommend (Thursday)
  • 3.5 Stars, 77% Positive (Friday)

Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness

• 4 Stars, 81% Positive, 71% Definite Recommend (Thursday)
  • 4 Stars, 82% Positive, 69% Definite Recommend (Friday)

Spider-Man: No Way Home

• 5 Stars, 95% Positive, 89% Definite Recommend (Thursday)
  • 5 Stars, 96% Positive, 91% Definite Recommend (Friday)

Eternals

• 3.5 Stars, 75% Positive, 57% Definite Recommend (Thursday)
  • 3.5 Stars, 77% Positive (Friday)
  • 3.5 Stars, 78% Positive, 60% Definite Recommend (Saturday)

Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings

• 5 Stars (Thursday)
  • 5 Stars, 91% Positive, 78% Definite Recommend (Friday)

Black Widow

• 88% Positive, 69% Definite Recommend (Friday)

Nearly the exact same as Eternals for Friday…

Edited by exomassey

80 for Brady died after OW. I was expecting an easy 50M+ total and it won't even end up close to that. Lol at Magic Mike, what was Zaslav thinking.

Another great weekend for Puss and Avatar, at least we have that.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, GOGODanca said:

Third belongs to the tenth weekend of 20th/Lightstorm/Disney’s Avatar: The Way of Water at 2,675 locations with a $1.4M Friday, with a $6.5M 3-day (-10%), 4 day of $8.1M, running total of $659M which will make the James Cameron directed movie the 9th highest of all-time on the domestic box office list.

Big Eye Emoji 173 Decal - Smiley, HD Png Download - kindpng

the weekend gets even better

Edited by interiorgatordecorator

Feels like yesterday reading $23 million preview number is possible and $100M locked in the tracking tread. MCU being front-loaded/fan driven more and more.  Will be interesting to see what kind of legs it has going fwd.

16 minutes ago, interiorgatordecorator said:

r/boxoffice - Thursday night PostTrak scores for 'Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania' are 75% Positive, 3 1/2 Stars, 60% Recommend.

im terrible at interpreting those

Diversity good, but heavily male & low family implies fan-heavy (ie frontloaded) audience 

Granted, it’s a Thursday in mid-Feb, but also meshes with a lot of the pre-sale data which implied it wasn’t really connecting/breaking out with broader MCU audience. 

8 minutes ago, GOGODanca said:

The rest of the top five includes Universal/DreamWorks Animation’s Puss in Boots: The Last Wish at 2,675 with a robust ninth weekend of $6.4M over 3 (+15%) and $8.5M over 4 days getting the animated sequel to $169.3M, beating last year’s domestic final of Sing 2 ($162.7M). The pic’s Friday is $1.45M.

Third belongs to the tenth weekend of 20th/Lightstorm/Disney’s Avatar: The Way of Water at 2,675 locations with a $1.4M Friday, with a $6.5M 3-day (-10%), 4 day of $8.1M, running total of $659M which will make the James Cameron directed movie the 9th highest of all-time on the domestic box office list.

Fourth is Warner Bros.’ second weekend of Magic Mike’s Last Dance at 3,034 with a $1.5M Friday, 3 day of $4.7M (-43%), 4-day of $5.4M and running total just under $18M.

Paramount’s 80 for Brady is fifth at 3,119 with a third Friday of $1.05M, 3-day of $4M, -31%, 4-day of $4.7M and running total of $33.3M.

What the heck? Puss increasing and A2 barely dropping

that A2 number is quite interesting...I'd have guessed it would be around 1.2-1.25M but I wasn't exactly sure how impactful would be losing IMAX shows. I don't think 1.4M is unrealistic...if you use last week's Thursday -> Friday growth, then Friday would be 1.33M. Anything above 1.25M for me is super positive number

1 minute ago, upriser7 said:

that A2 number is quite interesting...I'd have guessed it would be around 1.2-1.25M but I wasn't exactly sure how impactful would be losing IMAX shows. I don't think 1.4M is unrealistic...if you use last week's Thursday -> Friday growth, then Friday would be 1.33M. Anything above 1.25M for me is super positive number

thing is it basically never goes below the early deadline estimate, in fact most weekends it ends up a few hundred k above it and still with all the lose of premium screens you'd expect a much harsher drop

Just now, GOGODanca said:

thing is it basically never goes below the early deadline estimate, in fact most weekends it ends up a few hundred k above it and still with all the lose of premium screens you'd expect a much harsher drop

it only lost like 22% of PLF shows though...iirc, it lost even higher % of PLF shows in the weekend when Knock at the Cabin released. If that 1.4M number for Friday is accurate, then I am confident 3 day weekend will be much higher than 6.5M.

I'd expect something like

Friday - 1.4M

Saturday - 3.15M (+125%)

Sunday -  2.7M (-15%)

So around 7.25M 3 day weekend if the Friday number is 1.4M

23 minutes ago, GOGODanca said:

The rest of the top five includes Universal/DreamWorks Animation’s Puss in Boots: The Last Wish at 2,675 with a robust ninth weekend of $6.4M over 3 (+15%) and $8.5M over 4 days getting the animated sequel to $169.3M, beating last year’s domestic final of Sing 2 ($162.7M). The pic’s Friday is $1.45M.

Fourth is Warner Bros.’ second weekend of Magic Mike’s Last Dance at 3,034 with a $1.5M Friday, 3 day of $4.7M (-43%), 4-day of $5.4M and running total just under $18M.

Paramount’s 80 for Brady is fifth at 3,119 with a third Friday of $1.05M, 3-day of $4M, -31%, 4-day of $4.7M and running total of $33.3M.

What the heck? Puss increasing and A2 barely dropping

Previous two weekends - especially last with SB and V-Day distractions - were soft, so looks like holiday weekend is bringing people/causals back out.  Had thought that effect would benefit AMWQ, but looks like good WOM holdovers are getting the boost instead 

That puss number gives me life.

Big MEH for Ant-Man. Marvel still has too big of a loyal fanbase that these movies will truly bomb, but quality control needs to get a lot better again or a big part of the audience will eventually wither away. Nearly 100M OW for the third Ant-Man film may look ok on paper, but as the introduction film of the new Thanos its underwhelming.

Puss number great, puss movie even greater.

Avatar amazing drop if Deadline is right.