Eric is Anxious

THE CREATOR | 09.29.2023

21 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

Jeff could behave like a dick sometime, but he isn't saying something without sense. He rightfully called out EG isn't a serious Oscar contender like everyone was hyping  after the record-breaking opening. He is also one of first few that called out Angela Bassett's Oscar win isn't as frontrunner that people see.

Saying that a Marvel movie wouldn’t be a real Oscar contender isn’t exactly a hot take. Yeah, there was Black Panther, but that film had a unique cultural significance behind it that the Avengers movies utterly lack. 

I just don’t know if I can buy that a movie like this would have a shot at a Best Picture nomination. I suppose we can’t rule it out. I mean, District 9 got a BP nod, and Dune moving to next year does leave more room for such a thing, but still, isn’t too early to throw around a prediction like that?

Edited by WittyUsername

16 hours ago, ThomasNicole said:

Grace Randolph also said it’s a great movie haha. Pretty much every annoying person on the “insiders” business said it’s great which is kinda funny when you don’t take them seriously. 

dnmtn4ksijwyep0xmljk.jpg

(myself at hearing these reactions that is, not your comment about them, I should add ;))

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 2

On 9/15/2023 at 5:15 PM, Pinacolada said:

I think Sneider is way off there, but I am starting to expect very solid reviews now. Still embargoed but the letterboxd reactions that have slipped through the cracks have been good. 

I was worried it would get middling reception, but I think it'll get some solid acclaim now. I'll predict over 80% on RT as of rn. We'll get twitter reactions on like Monday iirc

I really hope this can help it build buzz and launch to like a $20m DOM OW. I didn't love the early trailer drops but the recent marketing through TV Spots, posters, and viral marketing like at the Chargers game has been pretty inventive

Yeah I wouldn't call that marketing at the chargers game inventive. It's literally the exact same thing "Smile" did.

I’ve seen some more highbrow ones that liked it but with reservations (which is common tbh for every movie), some complains about some bloating on plot and a bit derivative. But still positive so yeah, nice.

And the other ones overall really loved it

I would like to post it here but for some reason tweets aren’t incorporating using the phone.

I would bet in a reception between Godzilla and Rogue One, so 65-70 on MC and low 80’s% on RT. Of course none of this matters if it didn’t convince people to go to theaters, hoping it can.

• Like 2