CJohn

TOM CRUISE LOVES HIS POPCORN. MOVIES. POPCORN: THE WEEKEND THREAD | We are just waiting for Barbenheimer here

The Cruise sequel is playing strongest in the East, West & Mountain. Meanwhile, red state fave Sound of Freedom is throwing off those percentages as it’s so strong in the middle of the country.  Meanwhile, 53% of Sound of Freedoms $24.3M second weekend is coming from the South, South Central and Midwest (parts of the country that do very well with Cruise movies).  

PLFs and Imax screens are driving 42% of Dead Reckoning‘s business to date.

SoF is indeed impacting MI7 more than expected and MI:DR is super PLF-driven than expected.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

What was everyone's favorite year for movies since 2010?

Mine was 2018....

1) Infinity War

2) Mission Impossible Fallout

3) Into the Spider-verse 

4) The Incredibles 2

In no particular order:

Total Recall

Prometheus

Battleship

Django Unchained

The Hobbit

The Bourne Legacy

The Dark Knight Rises

The Avengers

Skyfall

Project X

The Hunger Games

Don’t care that some of them flopped/are hated. This was probably the last year I truly loved superhero movies.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, titanic2187 said:

SoF is indeed impacting MI7 more than expected and MI:DR is super PLF-driven than expected.

Well if a good chunk of them are seeing it for free, they might still show up for Mission Impossible eventually!

7 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

WOM is strong, 90% post trak and 5 stars, A cinemascore, 94% RT verified audience score.

Male: Female ratio improve to 62%: 38%.  

Isn’t that higher than Fallout? Damn Paramount you fucked up

Just now, jedijake said:

I'm confused. Was MI7's Friday $14 million or $16.55 million? If it was a true Friday $14 million, then where does the $16.55 million come from?

Early showings. But not the ones from Tuesday. Or Wednesday. Or Thursday. 

That sounds really stupid. But it’s actually true lol. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jedijake said:

I'm confused. Was MI7's Friday $14 million or $16.55 million? If it was a true Friday $14 million, then where does the $16.55 million come from?

Early preview numbers that they decided not to add to preview numbers but instead Friday.  As said, Paramount is not normal.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, jedijake said:

2.5mil~ from Sun/Mon early shows last week i think, based off some other people the Tuesday (which acted as a normal Thursday as a 2PM opener) was actually 6.4mil~ vs the estimated 7mil so if i had to guess that got 0.5mil~ and Friday got the other 2mil which means all the early show money is gone now.... maybe....

• Thanks 1

In the wake of the older skewing, very expensive Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny stumbling at the box office with an $83.8M Friday-Tuesday domestic start, sources have called upon me to evaluate a similarly priced older dude franchise sequel at around $300M, this weekend’s Mission: Impossible – Dead Reckoning Part One by the same measuring stick, particularly given the pic’s U.S./Canada 5-day of $78M — which is well below the $90M tracking and Paramount we’re hoping for.

But here is the root of the root, and the bud of the bud, and that is Dead Reckoning and Dial of Destiny are not the same.

In fact, Dead Reckoning is bound to have the upper hand in the long-run, particularly on a global basis.

Yes, I just said that.

Box Office: Mission Impossible – Dead Reckoning’ Still Eyeing $240M Global – Deadline

Are You Ok GIFs | Tenor

• ...wtf 1

1 minute ago, upriser7 said:

Amazing hold for Elemental 

I'm guessing something like a 8.8m weekend incoming. Worst case next week it drops 35% like Encanto did when NWH opened for a 5.72m weekend which would be almost exactly the same as Elvis's 6th weekend, at which point it would have a 8m lead over. Yeah 150m is locked now.

• Like 8
  • Heart 1