Eric Prime

C’MON BARBIE LET'S GO PARTY...AT LOS ALAMOS | BARBENHEIMER WEEKEND THREAD | We’re Thriving in our Plastic Fantastic Era | Mother Mothered with 162M | Daddy Exploded with 82.4M

Your Barbenheimer weekend plans  

175 members have voted

1. 1. What are you going to watch this weekend specifically?

After years of being negative as shit about box office we get the most encouraging and fun weekend in many ages and of course it is when I am on vacation in Europe. I'll just say that I saw tons of Barbie marketing and women wearing Barbie gear in Budapest. Orban is in shambles. Oppenheimer marketing was insane in England, certainly they contributed more to this than they did to the actual Manhattan Project.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Barbie 200M, Oppenheimer 100M. Let's fucking do this shit :Gaga: 

Im actually 100% on the Barbie 200M+ OW train. Of course i wont be disappointed with even a 150M OW, but i really feel like Barbie has transformed from an incoming breakout to a true cultural phenomenon.

Oppenheimer reaching 100M OW i think is in comparison a lot harder than Barbie getting to 200M, but honestly i wont rule it out. Thinking 75-85M range for it atm.

God im so hyped for this weekend. Havent been this hyped for a box office weekend since probably either Endgame or Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom (i know the latter will confuse some of you, please let me do me lol)

So after Thursday (not counting previews) the month to date total should be around 620mil. The weekend should get things pretty far and at this point i can't imagine this month missing last years 1.13 billion. 250-300mil seems the minimum, 150-175mil next week puts it at around 1.05bil not counting Mon-Thursday next week.

37 minutes ago, cannastop said:

Os4DVtz.png

I hope all the other Regal IMAX 70mm shows are OK...

🥲 I have tickets to this theater to see Oppenheimer next week. Please let things be okay

• Sad 1

21 minutes ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

I'm more interested in post exit scores by demos , especially kids

I remember posttrak asking Blackadam moviegoers why they went and saw the movie

do we know if they're likely to do the same this time around? in order to know how many went to Oppenheimer because of the stupid meme

Edited by interiorgatordecorator

1 hour ago, cannastop said:

Barbie seems to have a 91% verified audience on Rotten Tomatoes. Which is probably OK.

There's obviously going to be some sort of gender gap between audience reception and demographics of online movie reviewer ships means that's male audience opinion is just going to be overrepresented at least 70/30 (notice how IMDb's stopped showing gender splits for films?). OTOH franchise films clearly have scores inflated by online pro-film energy so whose to say how they cancel out  for Barbie.  

16 minutes ago, interiorgatordecorator said:

I remember posttrak asking Blackadam moviegoers why they went and saw the movie

do we know if they're likely to do the same this time around? in order to know how many went to Oppenheimer because of the stupid meme

. Yeah, it's part of their form questions even if wording of reports imply they're asking much more specific questions. Here's a Cinemascore ballot from 2018 for context . I doubt "that stupid meme" will be asked directly but I bet deadline's article will infer it from another question (and cite Relishmix's social media summary talking about Atomic Blonde).

Edited by PlatnumRoyce

8 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

You should go to Pooler, GA. The IMAX screen there is 76 feet tall, very similar to NYC Lincoln Square and San Fran Metreon. 

Pooler was a potential option, and the next best seeing how that is a full 1:43 laser system, but the chances of seeing it on 70mm made me go with Mall of GA.

Hopefully they get these kinks worked out before the weekend shows. Being one of the only houses in the country playing 70mm IMAX is a big deal, and botching this would not look good on Regal MoG. I saw Interstellar there and everything was immaculate.