Eric S'ennui

C’MON BARBIE LET'S GO PARTY...AT LOS ALAMOS | BARBENHEIMER WEEKEND THREAD | We’re Thriving in our Plastic Fantastic Era | Mother Mothered with 162M | Daddy Exploded with 82.4M

Your Barbenheimer weekend plans  

175 members have voted

1. 1. What are you going to watch this weekend specifically?

1 minute ago, Noctis said:

Indiana Jones not being able to hit $200m OS is terrible, but not surprising.

Still hurts though, but yeah I made my peace with that. I will buy the physical 4K Blu-ray of them even if I have to import it. 

16 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

20.14M SOUND OF FREEDOM

0.266M THEATER CAMP

0.166M PAST LIVES

298.472M weekend so far

I forgot RISE OF THE BEASTS. 😅

1.12M TRANSFORMERS: RISE OF THE BEASTS

biggest weekends ever:

Apr 26 - 28, 2019 / 401.99M
Dec 18 - 20, 2015 / 313.08M
Apr 27 - 29, 2018 / 312.34M

Jul 21 - 23, 2023 / 299.592M weekend so far

Edited by kayumanggi

2 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

SoF does tend to have a single digit drop max on Sundays...and its audience may have avoided the known insanity of Fri/Sat...

The-numbers shows SoF with a $7 million sunday.

Edited by MrHardapple
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Noctis said:

A film with Amy Schumer as Barbie, and Michael Cera as Ken would have opened to less than $40m.

Casting for established intellectual properties is CRITICAL.

Less than 20M.

2 minutes ago, ZeroHour said:

The next mission impossible needs a charismatic villain because Esai Morales and Skynet are not cutting it. They should also add someone under 40 to Ethan’s team. 

It was supposed to be Nicholas Hoult and he had to drop out because of The Great, but I'm not sure he would have made a difference.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ringedmortality said:

Woah Eric, you like a nostalgic toy commercial?

Yes. There's a ton of nostalgic toy commercials out there that I like. The new Little Mermaid was fun, Guardians 3 was cool, Avatar 2 was awesome. Just because I'm cynical over these movies doesn't mean I can't appreciate the ones I like and have fun with.

I really don't understand the escapism discourse

cinema is escapism...people always want escapism, it's not only this moment, and yes a very serious movie is escapism from reality too. Going to watch a WWII movie for me is pure escapism. Escapism is not only to a fantasy world. 

The lesson here is people are tired of movie looking all the same but they want original voices, they want to be stimulated, they want to be surprised by cinematic tricks...

Edited by vale9001

Without getting into spoilers for Fallout, although that movie was released in 2018, not keeping Henry Cavill for future movies was a mistake. He was incredibly good in Fallout, also very sexy