Cap

THE UNMARVELOUS WEEKEND THREAD | FEATURING MELTDOWNS, ARMCHAIR ANALYSIS, AND SEXISM

11 minutes ago, M37 said:

Satisfying Rose Mciver GIF by CBS

You’re very good at this prediction game.

This movie seems to please women way more(going solely by RT critics ratio), so I wonder how they could’ve marketed it in a way to make more women come out for it. I wonder how many more women would’ve come after seeing the leads playing with puppies and kittens on YouTube.

Probably not many more, but it’s a pity that a movie that seems to be made by women and for women failed to attract them.

7 minutes ago, Shawn said:

Disney Official: $6.6m

Our trackers rock.

Edited by Arlborn
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Shawn said:

Disney Official: $6.6m

4 hours ago, M37 said:

With the final day Flash comps dropping as expected, average settled at $6.61M officially

You Got It Animation GIF by SWR Kindernetz

• Like 8
  • Astonished 2

3 minutes ago, Belakor said:

I could see Zelda making good numbers, probably 1B if its good, Nintendo has a lot of potential, another franchises to follow are Warhammer and Borderlands.

The issue is they decided to go live-action with Shawn Levy for some reason.

I think Zelda has huge potential, but I don't know about this choice... I think a stylistic animated movie would be better. But hoping for a nice surprise. 

1 minute ago, CJohn said:

6.6M... how much did GotG3 and Wakanda Forever did? What if it follows those?

BPWF is too big to compare, GOTG3 had a 6.77x (so $44.7M), but also Eternals had a 7.50x with a similar Nov release date.

Seems like mid-$40s to me, maybe high-$40s if we get a good TFri, but pretty much where BOT tracking had had it for a while now

Just now, reddevil19 said:

The issue is they decided to go live-action with Shawn Levy for some reason.

I think Zelda has huge potential, but I don't know about this choice... I think a stylistic animated movie would be better. But hoping for a nice surprise. 

Wes Ball is the director, not Shawn Levy.

People say video game films are the future but there has been just as many failures like Warcraft and 2018 Tomb Raider. 

37 minutes ago, Issac Newton said:

EXCLUSIVE: Marvel Studios‘ sequel, The Marvels, has clocked around $6.5M in Thursday night previews we hear from sources. Disney will be reporting their official figure this morning and we’ll update you then. Previews began at 3PM.

The fear out there by many is that this $200M budgeted sequel to 2019’s Captain Marvel –which stands as the highest grossing female superhero movie of all-time–could clock the lowest start ever stateside for a Marvel Studios movie; lower than The Incredible Hulk (which was a Universal release before Disney absorbed the MCU) which had a $55.4M start. While tracking took its projections down from $80M to $60M for The Marvels, there is a concern out there that The Marvels could see a $40M+ start

Damn, I'm getting good at tea leaves stuff..."hovers around $6M" seems to be $6M +/-...and now Shawn ruins it for me with Disney's reported $6.6M...

Edited by TwoMisfits

2 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

Wes Ball is the director, not Shawn Levy.

People say video game films are the future but there has been just as many failures like Warcraft and 2018 Tomb Raider. 

Warcraft has made more money then the last 3 superhero movies. 

Edited by WorkingonaName
  • Like 1

Want to congratuate our tireless trackers on bang on job! :bravo:

As for Gen Z and Alpha, they will find their own heroes, not these hand-me-downs from Millenials. That's what studios don't get. Replacing old faves with younger versions is not going to appeal to next generation cause next generation needs its own heroes. And new versions of previous generation heroes are not their heroes. 

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, M37 said:

BPWF is too big to compare, GOTG3 had a 6.77x (so $44.7M), but also Eternals had a 7.50x with a similar Nov release date.

Seems like mid-$40s to me, maybe high-$40s if we get a good TFri, but pretty much where BOT tracking had had it for a while now

Eternals was 6pm previews start. Need to dock just a bit due to that differential.

• Like 1