cannastop

Moana 2 | November 27, 2024

I'm excited , the first was really good after rewatch , Disney is back for businesss for Thanksgiving and i think a other chance for the studio to pass the billion mark

Clearly Gladiator or Wicked should definitely the date , especially Wicked

7 minutes ago, Eric Creed said:

Just realized there's precedence to make the Tiana show into a movie as well after this. Which I guess would work okay. Both Tiana and her movie are more popular than ever, and you can sell it as "2D animation is back!"

Maybe if the budget is low enough they'll consider putting it in theaters.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Grand Cine said:

I'm excited , the first was really good after rewatch , Disney is back for businesss for Thanksgiving and i think a other chance for the studio to pass the billion mark

Gladiator 2 is geared toward men, especially Gen X/older millennials. Wicked is a different story though.

Edited by Speedorito

6 minutes ago, Grand Cine said:

Ooh, this is pretty close to Wicked isn't it. I'll be there for both (I love a bad live action musical), but there will be a clash if it doesnt move.

September to December suddenly starting to get actually loaded. Maybe release some movies in February or April or August next time guys?

Wicked is such a perfect holiday movie and it's ready to drop but obviously it feels like it should move now. Gladiator is fine.

Edited by Cmasterclay

9 minutes ago, Eric Creed said:

Just realized there's precedence to make the Tiana show into a movie as well after this. Which I guess would work okay. Both Tiana and her movie are more popular than ever, and you can sell it as "2D animation is back!"

the last 2D film Disney did was Winnie the Pooh in 2011. They need to hire or even train a lot of people for this because even for 100th anniversary short some animation was good, some was not. It's clearly a lost art at this point(if you want expensive hand-drawn animation that Disney was known for).

• Like 1

I'm not convinced the film will be good, but the lack of LMM means nothing to it's final quality. In the Heights wasn't a hit, LMM isn't really as beloved as he was a few years back, and, going back to the first film, I found his music to be a bit of a weak link.

• Like 1

This sounds like the 2020s version of a glorified DTV sequel based on the pedigree. I'm not convinced it'll be received much better than Wish, though I guess it probably won't be a flop on the strength of its IP goodwill and presumably smaller budget.

Edited by AniNate

33 minutes ago, cannastop said:

No word if Johnson is returning as the voice of Maui.

Wait what? No mention of Auli'i in the article either.

I mean surely they'd try to get both of them back though, considering the original film was one of the few WDAS films that was selling the lead actors' names on the poster AND in the trailers.

Assuming that falls into place, we'll finally have a new record holder for biggest Thanksgiving opener after Frozen held the crown for 11 years.

3 minutes ago, Reddroast said:

Idk If this can work for disney. No LLM. The Rock is damaged goods right now. Wrestling fans hate him rn @Cap( plus add the fact that DWAYNE will likely get caught up in the WWE scandal in the coming weeks.)

Wrestling fans like to watch princess movies?

• Like 1

Smart move making Moana theatrical since the first has been a streaming darling on Nielsen for years now.

But just turning the show into a film makes me nervous. And it’s silly to release at the same time as Wicked. Wicked should move as there will be a major audience overlap. 

The time where having a major animation studio spend make TV seeming like a sensible idea is well and truly dead. 

I truly can't imagine the quality of this one. The animation will no doubt be top notch but a TV show being edited into a movie sounds like ass.

2 minutes ago, AJG said:

The time where having a major animation studio spend make TV seeming like a sensible idea is well and truly dead. 

I truly can't imagine the quality of this one. The animation will no doubt be top notch but a TV show being edited into a movie sounds like ass.

It very much sounds like that switchup happend during development, but idk