kayumanggi

Weekend Numbers | actuals | 80.01M G×K: THE NEW EMPIRE | 11.35M DUNE II

Pretty crazy that the first 2 months of the year had 0 100M movies. I blame that crappy Bob Marley run for this. I can't get over how bad its legs were.

10 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Pretty crazy that the first 2 months of the year had 0 100M movies. I blame that crappy Bob Marley run for this. I can't get over how bad its legs were.

To be fair it wasn’t a very good movie lol. I’m actually surprised it did as well as it did, compared to something like All Eyes on Me. The fact that it did as well as Rocketman (a fantastic film imho) is pretty great for it.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Were Bob Marley legs so bad?

I've remember people were happy about this movie box office in the first weekend .

Bob Marley: One Love was such a strange, clearly watered-down movie. Imagine if Bohemian Rhapsody ended right as Mercury was approaching the stage before that Live Aid sequence that fueled that movie's WOM. That's literally what we get here.

Edited by filmlover
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, John Marston said:

who has seen Adam Wingard's You're Next and The Guest? These movies are the tits and it makes it disappointing that his foray into franchise filmmaking have been mediocre to poor without any of the style these earlier films showed.

MV5BMTEzMjExMDYxODdeQTJeQWpwZ15BbWU3MDMy

MV5BMTQ3NDE4MzQyN15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNTky

I like GvK and GxK but man I wish those films were as impressive as Youre Next in terms of intensity/style. It doesn't even feel like the same guy most of the time. (Several moments in GvK come close though IMO). 

Edited by kaijukurt

Even though I liked Godzilla VS Kong (haven’t seen the new one) I would like to see Wingard return to his low budget genre roots some day. But with Thundercats, Face/Off and Event Horizon that’s probably not happening anytime soon.

• Like 2

Just now, AMC Theaters Enjoyer said:

with Thundercats, Face/Off and Event Horizon that’s probably not happening anytime soon.

what-year-is-it-memes.png?q=65&auto=form

• Haha 9

24 minutes ago, AMC Theaters Enjoyer said:

Even though I liked Godzilla VS Kong (haven’t seen the new one) I would like to see Wingard return to his low budget genre roots some day. But with Thundercats, Face/Off and Event Horizon that’s probably not happening anytime soon.

Who the hell is asking for any of those movies. Couldn't think of 3 IP revivals we need less lol 

24 minutes ago, AMC Theaters Enjoyer said:

Wingard’s Event Horizon is actually gonna be a tv show at Amazon.

2eg4z65eqmab1.jpg

Well, if I actually liked horror, that is (I actually can't stand it). 

But considering Event Horizon might be the closest thing we ever get to WH40k... that actually sounds interesting.

Event Horizon is kinda sorta the exact sort of thing I could see being made into some thing intriguing in Long Form storytelling.

ETA:::

Going down some rabbit holes and I see that.... Amazon has rights to WH40k?!?  

YiBe40t.png  YiBe40t.png  YiBe40t.png 

Edited by Porthos

7 hours ago, Krissykins said:

Wasn’t talking about budget, clearly said “number of people”. Which for this is glaringly less, especially after 8 years of inflation and PLF’s. 

The problem to your argument is that movie post-covid just made less attendance. Using that point to brag about some achievement is kind of self-indulgent. Just look at how Shazam, aquaman, captain marvel all collapsed in their immediate follow-ups. In the non superhero genre like MI7 or reboot transformers, and evil dead rise, the admission likely lower than their last entry too, so it really isn’t some kind of failure for reboot ghostbusters to at least maintain the level of stable grosses.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Bob Train said:

the only good Ghostbusters movie is the 1984 one.

I have a soft spot for 2 because it was the first one I watched in cinemas (too young for the first), but in all honesty you're right.

I found 2016 to be pretty bad, but closer to an actual Ghostbusters movie than the annoying nostalgia-fest that GBA was. Haven't seen Frozen Empire.

8 hours ago, Krissykins said:

I’d be interested to see if a sequel to Ghostbusters 2016 would’ve make more than this one. after 8 years of nostalgia. I certainly haven’t gone to see this or the last one; purely because they’re not linked to the 2016 film. 

Wasn’t talking about budget, clearly said “number of people”. Which for this is glaringly less, especially after 8 years of inflation and PLF’s. 

Well they’ve gone in a different direction and the films have consistently decreased, so you might have a point lol. 

For those whining about inflation it goes both ways, movies from the 90s would probably cost twice much to make nowadays. Everything is more expensive now and that includes budgets.