kayumanggi

Weekday Numbers [Jul 29 - Aug 01, 2024] | Wednesday | 18.05M DEADPOOL & WOLVERINE | 3.89M TWISTERS | 2.39M DESPICABLE ME IV | 1.37M INSIDE OUT II

I love how the Monday number keeps going up and up. First it was 21.5 LOL then 23 and now 24.

• Like 1

Good Monday.  I know it's R-rated so we are in uncharted territory here.  But I'm tracking DP&Wolvie alongside PG13 films "The Last Jedi" and "Jurassic World" domestically.    (Yes The Last Jedi came out during Christmas/New Years and Jurassic World is a better comp since it came out summer).  

4-Days

The Last Jedi - 241.5

DP&Wolvie - 235 (Pending)

Jurassic World - 234.5

Just finally saw Deadpool & Wolverine. 

I went into high expectations with this Marvel movie and wow, it really blow my mind like this is a Marvel’s love letter because it’s the best MCU movie ever since Avengers: Endgame. A fun emotional Marvel fever dream from start to finish. The superhero nostalgia fest has a big heart that you’ve been looking forward to. It’s a love letter not just to superhero comics, but also to the Fox era of Marvel movies. It’s more gory like ever. It dives more into themes of family, friendship, loss, and revenge. There were amazing moments that reminds me of Spider-Man: No Way Home. The comedic screenplay was brilliant. The bloody action packed sequences were TOP NOTCH. The musical score is absolutely worth it. Loved the relentless humor. There are lots of AMAZING cameos and surprises to watch out for. Ryan Reynolds and Hugh Jackman were so FREAKING INCREDIBLE together like they made this movie so MIND-BLOWING. You will die screaming, laughing, and crying a lot in this epic movie. Probably the most craziness of MADNESS & FUN that you’ll ever have this summer. This hits me so hard. Going to watch it all over again!!! A definitely MUST-SEE for everyone! Go see it at a movie theater before it’s gone.

Shoutout to Shawn Levy for directing this best Deadpool movie ever.

P.S. With both Inside Out 2 and Deadpool & Wolverine having global phenomenal success this year, Disney and Marvel are freaking back, baby! ❤️💛

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

Could we really get a sub 50 drop in the second weekend?

Barbie comp takes it to around 85 ish .

JW had Juneteenth on 2nd weekend.

Both JW and Barbie slightly decreased on Tuesday.

Wednesday will give us a better picture.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

Could we really get a sub 50 drop in the second weekend?

I highly doubt that. Superhero/Marvel movies are by nature frontloaded because of the fan rush and the first few weekdays may also not be the best indicators for the 2nd weekend drop because of some spillover business. Looking at past Deadpool/Wolverine movies, a drop in the 60% range seems far more likely to me.

I know Deadpool and Wolverine is kind of its own beast in a way since its basivally a crossover movie between X-Men/Deadpool/MCU, but i dont think that aspect of it will prevent the typical superhero movie 2nd weekend drop.

• Like 2

At this point, the R rating isn't stopping kids and teens from seeing D&W now that it has become a must see event. The colorful comedy and action along with MCU branding is making parent not mind letting thir kids see it. D&W is a once in a lifetime R rating boxoffice monster.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

At this point, the R rating isn't stopping kids and teens from seeing D&W now that it has become a must see event. The colorful comedy and action along with MCU branding is making parent not mind letting thir kids see it. D&W is a once in a lifetime R rating boxoffice monster.

Saw it earlier tonight and it was almost full house.

This movie was coolest MCU movie ever.

• Like 2

I have nothing to lose by saying this stuff because as I've mentioned so many times now I'm not here all that much anymore. 

So I'm just going to go out on a limb and say I think we will see a 50% drop or less. I can't believe the audience reaction to this film it's out of this world and the memes that are popping up the videos, the NSYNC dancing, the cosplay the fan reviews the fan reaction the fan Apoplexia ( I just made up that word) I haven't seen this probably since endgame. 

The Monday number is huge, I'm assuming the weekday numbers are all going to be strong so it's going to be at around $300 million by the end of Thursday and with summer in full swing and nothing really to open up against it this weekend, and the fact that people have seen it three and four times already, why wouldn't it fall less than 50%?

The force awakens had two straight weekends of 40% drops. I realize that was the Christmas season and the second weekend was the Christmas Day weekend and the third weekend was New year's weekend. But that was also after it had burned off and insane amount of demand. I'm not saying Deadpool and Wolverine is going to be on the same level as the force awakens but right now it's just steamrolling everything and exceeding everyone's expectations. 

Am I crazy to think that this could have maybe 104 million second weekend? 

And please keep in mind this is not the Fanboy and me talking. Yes I love Ryan reynolds, yes I love the first two deadpools, however I'm not sure how to feel yet about the third one. I love all the fan service in the movie but I'm not entirely sure what my grade is yet and that won't happen until I see it for a second time when the weekend.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Jim Shorts said:

Inflated Mondays, inflated expectations.  Muted Tuesdays, everythings crumbling.  I haven't been around in a while, but that's the new trend right? 

Oh, and Happy Birthday @Shawn Robbins !

Jim!