Neo

The New Mutants | August 28, 2020 | Rumors are saying it released, but no one we know saw it

My sympathies to anyone who is stanning for this film.

Still could turn out good, you know!

Do wonder which is now the more troubled production though.  This one or Solo.  I know firing the directors when 75% of the film is 'in the can' is a tall ask to top (Solo), but this might be entering the conversation.  If only from a different angle.

Still...  Still could turn out to be good though.  Stranger paths to a good/great movie have happened before, after all.

3 minutes ago, Porthos said:

My sympathies to anyone who is stanning for this film.

Still could turn out good, you know!

Do wonder which is now the more troubled production though.  This one or Solo.  I know firing the directors when 75% of the film is 'in the can' is a tall ask to top (Solo), but this might be entering the conversation.  If only from a different angle.

Still...  Still could turn out to be good though.  Stranger paths to a good/great movie have happened before, after all.

My guess is that the New Mutants which (probably) releases next August will have little to nothing in common with the New Mutants we got a trailer for last October.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

59 minutes ago, grim22 said:

My guess is that the New Mutants which (probably) releases next August will have little to nothing in common with the New Mutants we got a trailer for last October.

They can re-shoot the entire movie three times over from now until August 2019.

• Like 1

If only fant4stic was so lucky. With another 1 year or so they could have completed vfx for action set pieces and maybe even added some big ones, but they had to make things tough for themselves by firing the director 2-3 weeks into post and then proceeding with shoots, which were a logistical nightmare and rushed. It wasn't until after the director got fired from star wars that they saw an opportunity to coerce him to oversee the final touches and do the comic con thing in order to make it look like he is actually still in charge. They just wanted to get it out on that release date no matter what else the rights would have reverted. Also, it didn't help that relationship with Disney/marvel wasn't good at that time. 

This movie at present isn't what fox wants or got nervous. It is probably fant4stic type situation and they have learnt their lesson so will take their time to fix or completely overhaul the movie. Might turn out just fine in the end because they have A LOT of time to make a new movie. 

As for Josh Boone, the good thing is that he won't get a bum rap as he didn't trash any house and hasn't verbally abused any executives on their face due to interference. The trades and everyone won't care as he isn't attached to star wars or something.

Should quickly move on like Marc Webb. That guy is doing fine after ASM2. 

Edited by marveldcfox
  • Like 1