filmscholar

BAD BOYS FOR LIF3 | Jan 17 2020 | IT'S OFFICIAL: #1 DOMESTIC 2020

2 hours ago, Alli said:

Image result for Will Smith Gif bad boys

Looks very fun just like the 1st two.  Can't Wait.  Welcome Back Guys.   I started this thread over 7 years ago.  I knew this day would come.  Trending Worldwide #BADBOYSFORLIFE  Here's the promo Poster:

BadBoys3Poster.png

Edited by filmscholar
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Krissykins said:

Both actors in autopilot. 

Looks very small scale. And dated. 

The last shot with the helicopter is definitely dated. Maybe they're going for old school there? I like the two of them together so I enjoyed the trailer, but I can't help thinking I'm going to miss the balls to the wall tasteless orgy that was Bay's theatrics in the last movie. 

• Like 1

I think one of the problems, and there are more than a few, but one of them is that Lawrence is way out of shape for this.  It'doesnt' take much for a Hollywood guy to get in shape.  Just ask Pratt.  I can't look at him the same as I did before and that kind of ruins the trailer a bit for me.  

• Like 2

In a perfect world, of course Bay would of came back and finish the Trilogy but the movie was literally delayed for over a decade.  He couldn't wait around.  With that said, the new guys look like they did just fine and did catch the tone so they definitely studied Bay for sure.  The Cinematography is also very consistent with the franchise.  Of course there was Bayham explosions all through the trailer.   This felt much more like a Teaser to bring us back to the world.  I expect another trailer once we get closer to January.  Also as I've said in this thread, Bad Boys Films aren't critical darlings but Fan Favorites. 

People have been watching these films on home video/television over and over for 20 years.   I notice on social media, the Trailer is being translated all over the world.  In Spanish, Italiano, Japanese, Korean, Chinese and even in the Middle East.  I'm liking the box office prospects.  R-Rated action is making a comeback with the success of  "John Wick 3".  I think this trailer did it job, people are definitely excited to see Martin return to a Big Screen Blockbuster.  And of course Will Smith is loved all over the world.  Martin was in "Beach Bum" earlier this year but that was a small comedy.  The Trailer has already crossed over 10 Million views on Will Smith page and is still trending worldwide.  Martin even joined in with the fans and did his own reaction video:

Edited by filmscholar

lol Martin Lawrence didn't even bother getting in shape for this. The movie just looks awful. Of the big stars out there, Will Smith is arguably the one who picks the shittiest projects. I mean he could have been Django, but instead he chooses to make safe, sociopolitical crap like the one where he talks to 'time' and 'death'. A shame.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, The Stingray said:

lol Martin Lawrence didn't even bother getting in shape for this. The movie just looks awful. Of the big stars out there, Will Smith is arguably the one who picks the shittiest projects. I mean he could have been Django, but instead he chooses to make safe, sociopolitical crap like the one where he talks to 'time' and 'death'. A shame.

Turned down Neo in the Matrix too.