Neo

It | Sept. 8, 2017 | Warner Brothers | Andy Muschietti directing. Trailer on Page 12 NO SPOILER DISCUSSION. Certified Fresh on Rotten Tomatoes

44 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I'm curious to see who they get to play the adult versions. Wouldn't surprise me if the deals are already in place and they're just waiting until after this movie opens to officially announce them to fast track the project to next September (WB does have a horror film set for the same weekend next year that is currently TBA). Not expecting them to get any BIG names though.

I think 2019 is more likely. They can either go for September 6th 2019 or September 13th 2019.

1 minute ago, Jonwo said:

I think 2019 is more likely. They can either go for September 6th 2019 or September 13th 2019.

Next September looks kinda dead at the moment with titles that could easily be moved around (the biggest movie it currently has opening is...the Equalizer sequel that nobody was really asking for) so if they feel they can fast-track in time for release and maintain that momentum, I don't see why they wouldn't.

9 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Next September looks kinda dead at the moment with titles that could easily be moved around (the biggest movie it currently has opening is...the Equalizer sequel that nobody was really asking for) so if they feel they can fast-track in time for release and maintain that momentum, I don't see why they wouldn't.

12 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

This one takes place in 1989, so 30 years later (which I assume the sequel would take place) would be 2019. Perfect 

3 minutes ago, Steele131 said:

This one takes place in 1989, so 30 years later (which I assume the sequel would take place) would be 2019. Perfect 

From the promotional material it seems like they're sticking with IT returning every 27 years so no matter when the movie comes out it'll take place in 2016.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rman823 said:

I know you're talking about Chastain but hair color is a small factor in why she'd be cast. She's worked with the director before and has liked some of the posts related to the movie on Instagram. At this point she's a likely choice whether you like her as an actress or not. Plus the original miniseries was filled with known TV actors in the roles and given how huge a movie this is going to be not expecting A listers to want to be on board or for WB to not cast them is a little unrealistic. 

It doesn't matter. IT will be seen for IT not for her. Movies she headlines will keep bombing cause GA will never warm up to her and she's too old to have fandom that grows up with her (Unlike JLaw, for example). So just wasted casting that could launch someone's career. 

I predict big drop for IT Pt 2. Legs won't be nearly as good as IT Pt 1.

Edited by Valonqar

11 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

It doesn't matter. IT will be seen for IT not for her. Movies she headlines will keep bombing cause GA will never warm up to her and she's too old to have fandom that grows up with her (Unlike JLaw, for example). So just wasted casting that could launch someone's career. 

giphy.gif                       There's no way WB would cast all unknowns in the roles. This isn't a low budget production and the first movie's looking to be a BO success. So it's not like she's stealing the role from an up and comer. I could care less whether she's cast or not but given she's the likely choice and as a fan of the book I feel she'd do a great job in the role and you're the only person I've heard speak negatively of her potential casting.

• Like 1

The director said a potential sequel would feature a lot of flashbacks to the kids intercut with the scenes of the adults (like the miniseries), so whether they choose to release it in 2018 or 2019, they'll have to film it FAST before the kids grow up too much. The kids already look considerably older now than they did during filming and nearly all of the boys' voices have broken etc.

3 minutes ago, snarkmachine said:

The director said a potential sequel would feature a lot of flashbacks to the kids intercut with the scenes of the adults (like the miniseries), so whether they choose to release it in 2018 or 2019, they'll have to film it FAST before the kids grow up too much. The kids already look considerably older now than they did during filming and nearly all of the boys' voices have broken etc.

Who's to say they didn't go ahead and film those scenes during production of Part 1 ?

Edited by Rman823

@Rman823 That's fine. Different strokes for different folks. I can't stand her on and off the screen (I consider the only good thing she's ever done to be adopting a 3 legged dog so I feel bad for disliking her overall cause that's really nice and makes me go, damn, I should try to like her) but I also have no interest in Pt 2 with grown-ups cause I consider it much weaker than Pt 1. As a rule, all movies/stories that have children/adult are more appealing in the children sector and lose steam when kids grow up (Slumdog Millionaire, for example). It's like shows and movies that start in highschool and are terrifically entertaining and then those teens go to college and everything goes to shit. 

1 minute ago, Valonqar said:

@Rman823 That's fine. Different strokes for different folks. I can't stand her on and off the screen (I consider the only good thing she's ever done to be adopting a 3 legged dog so I feel bad for disliking her overall cause that's really nice and makes me go, damn, I should try to like her) but I also have no interest in Pt 2 with grown-ups cause I consider it much weaker than Pt 1. As a rule, all movies/stories that have children/adult are more appealing in the children sector and lose steam when kids grow up (Slumdog Millionaire, for example). It's like shows and movies that start in highschool and are terrifically entertaining and then those teens go to college and everything goes to shit. 

The miniseries is a perfect example of this and is something I hope they can vastly improve with Part 2. 

9 minutes ago, Rman823 said:

The miniseries is a perfect example of this and is something I hope they can vastly improve with Part 2. 

if Pt 2 is heavy on children flashbacks (new scenes) as speculated or reported than they must be aware of the problem too. Can't be worse than mini series, though. That just dropped the ball in Pt 2. Though the Losers was never going to fit adult characters.