Neo

It | Sept. 8, 2017 | Warner Brothers | Andy Muschietti directing. Trailer on Page 12 NO SPOILER DISCUSSION. Certified Fresh on Rotten Tomatoes

If all you have done a scene very average television movie then you are doing yourself a disservice. You must read the book. The book kicks the s*** out of the television series.

• Like 1

I so want this to be good. It's been in delay hell for years and I do think they can improve on the original (but I thought the same about Nightmare On Elm St)

The original has Tim Curry and he'll never be replaced but outside of his iconic scenes as Pennywise, the rest of the TV movie is pretty forgettable.

But if they make this a polished jump scare marathon like every other major horror release nowadays (looking at you Poltergeist remake), then I'm going to be sad. The potential is freaking there to make this really good. The September release date is promising too (if this was in January I would lose all hope).

I hope it turns out more like the remakes of The Thing (1982), The Dawn Of The Dead, The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (2003), Evil Dead, and The Hills Have Eyes.

Edited by somebody85
  • Like 3

On 4/27/2016 at 8:03 PM, Baumer said:

It's the weekend after Labour Day which is usually a dumping grounds.  And it's nowhere near Halloween.  Halloween is 7 weeks later.

Yeah but Halloween H20 (the best reviewed in the series since the originals) was released in August. I wouldn't lose hope just yet.

• Like 1

The TV film was fine.  The kids story line was done so much better than the adult story line.  But what the television version suffered from was lack of budget, lack of an R-rating and an average director imo.  

The book is gruesome, it's relentless and it takes a lot of risks.  This film needs to be much truer to the book than the TV film was.  I want to see what happens to Georgie....I want the smoke house scene to be in there.....I want the homophobic stuff to remain in there......basically I want it all.  The book is RAW and the film needs to stay true to the book as much as it can...imo.

• Like 1

There's a few things I think they'd definitely have to cut out or abridge, but I don't think they should tone down any of the violence, especially not the stuff at the beginning.

• Like 1