Neo

It | Sept. 8, 2017 | Warner Brothers | Andy Muschietti directing. Trailer on Page 12 NO SPOILER DISCUSSION. Certified Fresh on Rotten Tomatoes

1 hour ago, K1stpierre said:

I like it but at the same time don't like. If this was just a regular original clown movie then yes this looks super cool, I absolutely love the victorian themed outfit he's wearing, really sends a dark chilling vibe. However, given it's IT, it just doesn't fit for me. Curry's IT worked because he looked just an average clown and thus could lure children being all friendly, it left uncertaintly for the viewer because you never knew what exactly was coming. With this clown looking lethal and deadly, I can't envision how he's going to be able to lure or trick children. The visual for me I'll admit now is spoiled as I now know what to expect from when he gets mad. 

This I can fully understand. It was something that was being discussed when the Poltergeist remake was released. Sometimes filmmakers try too hard to make something terrifying that they lose the point of what the character/object is supposed to be. Examples being the Annabelle doll or the clown doll in Poltergeist remake, they don't look like dolls you would buy your children which is what they are intended for.

Edited by theultimatebiu
  • Like 6

Yeah, I'm not sure about this take on it, though it could be that they are just showing the "scary" version of Pennywise and not the lighter version that can lure children it his own creepily cheerful way.   I loved how playful It could be at times, making kids laugh and really being genuinely clown-like. Which made it even scarier somehow.  Like the innocuousness of it was worse than seeing the monster. Going to be hard to top Tim Curry's Pennywise, though.  The TV movie pulled punches on a lot of things, but Pennywise was outstanding.  

The kid from Stranger Things is playing Eddie, I think?  Good for him.  That was a great series, and he did a wonderful job.  

• Like 1

18 hours ago, grim22 said:

pennywise-ew-00054120.jpg

pennywise-ew-00054120_612x380.jpg?itok=f

I'm very iffy on this. I've looked at it a bunch today. Sometimes I like it, others not so much.

I wish they had stuck to the original costumes colors. Pennywise was so creepy because he looked like a real clown at first. This sounds like a completely different interpretation when they discussed the costume.

And hey everyone hated the first pictures of Heath Ledgers Joker too. We all saw how that turned out. I'll wait to see him in action in the trailer.

• Like 1

"For Pennywise, there’s no need to stay faithful to any era’s fashions. He is a manifestation of what an immortal, supernatural being thinksof as a clown, amalgamating various styles it finds appealing. …Or maybe he’s just thinking of a toy that once belonged to a child he devoured.

“There is almost a doll-like quality to the costume,” Bryant says. “The pants being short, the high waistline of the jacket, and the fit of the costume is a very important element. It gives the character a child-like quality.” Even the gloves are so tight and seamless they make his hands look like porcelain.

“The pompoms are orange, and then with the trim around the cuffs and the ankles, it’s basically a ball fringe that’s a combination of orange, red, and cinnamon. It’s almost like Pennywise fades into his environment. But there are accents to pull out the definition of the gray silk.”

And here's the big difference:
"While this isn’t the bright and cheery Pennywise, Bryant’s version of the character prefers to camouflage himself and strike rather than lure children with lively plumage.

“It makes him almost like a shadow,” she says."

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/08/16/pennywise-costume-stephen-king-it-movie

On 12.9.2016 at 4:12 AM, John Marston said:

More and more reports about this thing lately. If this IS marketing, than.. Well played. I mean, look at this. 200K retweets. 

Edited by YSLDC
  • Like 1

I hope this is not some kind of viral marketing thing:  http://www.fox4news.com/news/209341330-story

Dallas ISD confirmed it is currently investigating threats against various campuses including Grady Spruce, Carter, Madison and Skyline high schools.

A Grady Spruce student who contacted FOX 4 claims to have seen a clown in the parking lot tying balloons on cars. Parents who showed up to pick up their children said they got an automated call from the district about the threat.

School district Police Chief Craig Miller confirmed several schools were on lockdown, but not solely because of the clown threats. He said there were routine drug dog checks scheduled for Monday morning. Miller also said he thinks some of the photos being shared on social media did not originate in Dallas.

The Fort Worth, Richardson and Saginaw school districts said they are investigating similar threats on social media.

2 minutes ago, Bishop54 said:

They photoshopped Pennywise inside a pipe. Like they didn't even bother to match it. Plus, where's his arm/arms?

He's a horror character, his arms and legs not being present shouldn't be a concern. Looks like he's creeping in. I don't get the big fuss.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DMan7 said:

He's a horror character, his arms and legs not being present shouldn't be a concern. Looks like he's creeping in. I don't get the big fuss.

It looks like he's levitating sideways without regard to the physical dimensions of his body or the pipe in a way that looks crudely photoshopped

9 minutes ago, DMan7 said:

Is he a snake? He needs to hold on to something or he'd fall right out. It looks ridiculously cheap. 

• Like 1