The Dark Knight Rises

230 members have voted

1. 1. Grade The Dark Knight Rises

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

A, though more an A-. It was enjoyable and thrilling and had excellent acting across the board, but I felt it was a bit overlong at times and the twist at the end about Miranda Tate didn't really add much to the plot.

... and the twist at the end about Miranda Tate didn't really add much to the plot.

Exactly my thoughts. I was thinking about her fishy-ness since Bruce touched the tattoo on her back but throwning Bane aside like a pawn was waste of a good and perfectly introduced character. Sometimes Nolan's scripts are "too clever by 'alf" as Sam Gamdschie would have said.

Exactly my thoughts. I was thinking about her fishy-ness since Bruce touched the tattoo on her back but throwning Bane aside like a pawn was waste of a good and perfectly introduced character. Sometimes Nolan's scripts are "too clever by 'alf" as Sam Gamdschie would have said.

It wasn't really clever so much as fan service. Talia is a big part of the League of Shadows, and her love/hate relationship with Bruce was too irresistible for Nolan to pass up. I think the problem here is that he pulled the twist card too late for it to settle.
  • Like 1

It wasn't really clever so much as fan service. Talia is a big part of the League of Shadows, and her love/hate relationship with Bruce was too irresistible for Nolan to pass up. I think the problem here is that he pulled the twist card too late for it to settle.

Pretty much. If she dies 10 minutes later then it's really just a twist for its own sake.FWIW I actually think Cotillard handled the sudden switch quite well. She's good at playing 'cold'.

I really liked TDKR, though my biggest complaint was Nolan using a different city to film TDKR. You could obviously tell that the Gotham City in TDKR was way different than the Gotham City in TDK. TDK was filmed in Chicago, could Nolan not have filmed TDKR there as well to keep things consistent?

Edited by scottb

I really liked TDKR, though my biggest complaint was Nolan using a different city to film TDKR. You could obviously tell that the Gotham City in TDKR was way different than the Gotham City in TDK. TDK was filmed in Chicago, could Nolan not have filmed TDKR there as well to keep things consistent?

Didn't really bother me, though I did laugh when I made out both the Empire State Building and LA's US Bank Tower in establishing shots. I guess if Batman actually stood on the Sears tower in TDK they didn't see the need to remove those two... Edited by Hatebox

In BB there is the extensive mass transit system built by the Wayne's to save the Gotham when the League of Shadows tried to use economic means to destoy the city. Then we never see it in TDK. Then it pops up again during a wide shot in TDKR.

Except there was no love in the relationship at all. Just pure suicidal psychobitch.

As for Gotham in BB, this is pretty much the only establishing shot we got for it:

Posted Image

I'm curious to see how consistent that geography is with the Gotham of TDK and TDKR.

Edited by 4815162342

In BB there is the extensive mass transit system built by the Wayne's to save the Gotham when the League of Shadows tried to use economic means to destoy the city. Then we never see it in TDK. Then it pops up again during a wide shot in TDKR.

I think you can see the transit system in the dark knight during one of the shots.