Neo

The Warner Bros. Thread | Will NOT merge with Paramount...capitalism is still terrible

11 hours ago, Sheldon Cr said:

Fans and others encouraging Warner to sell Synder Universe to Netflix.. Not even sure thats a good home for the Snyder Cut Though. Anyone heard more on this.. Would be nice if this lead to Henry and others surviving the Gunn Era..  I just feel Gunn is real bad for DC to bounce back.. SMH!

Bigtime  Social Media Man Magnus talks about those rumors here.

Pure BS rumor. This just ain't gonna happen. The DCU is of Warner's most valuable assets, and they ain't gonna sell it. And  they are not going to compete against themselves with the DC stuff they are planning for whatever the hell they call their streaming service.

GOd, fans are the most gullible people on the face of the earth when it comes to swallowing rumors.

And since I think that Warners is through listening to the Snyder fans anyway, They threw them a bone with the Snyder Cut of Justice League and it seems not to have paid off all the well.

And I am supposed to accept someone callied Social Media Man Magnus as a reliable source? LOL.

Edited by dudalb

4 hours ago, kayumanggi said:

That's what happens when a studio is headed by clowns.

That's what happens when any buisness gets into a serous debt problem.

What makes it bad is the lWarners debt is pretty much bank loans, and the longer you don't pay the more you pay because of interest.

I agree Warners has been headed by clowns, but that includes the pre Zaslev  mangerment that got Warners into this situation in the first place.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Eric the Plane said:

Guys, Zack's moved on. Why can't you?

Remember when he posted this to try and float the idea that secret entities were trying to SILENCE him and his Super-Friends movies?

I dont think he will move on.

16069116-DC8B-4344-95C5-D80CE4698240.jpg

Edited by AJG
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Astonished 1

22 hours ago, SnokesLegs said:

I saw them trying to get this trending on Twitter the other day and my eyes practically rolled out of the back of my head. They’re deluded if they even think it’s a possibility. No way would WB sell some of their most prized IP characters to Netflix to use for a competing universe of films. 

Yeah If that happens it's really the end of an era lol. 

I think they should keep the Snyder universe characters going and work on building compelling stories that could be as on  point as was the DC comic writing back in the early 90s-2000 era ( death and return of superman, green lantern black lantern saga etc..some awesome work right there)

Brother snoke how do you feel about the synder  universe after seeing Synders vision over the Tom foolery version we got from the Buffy creator guy.( still can't believe he was responsible for Avengers 1 success and made JL.movie that was crap!  Almost like secret  sabotage by paid Disney mole. You just never know brother Snokes 😂 )

• Astonished 1

That's not actually a bad idea. There's an audience for the Snyderverse, and there's also an audience for a complete reboot of the DCEU (which is also what James Gunn wants, anyway). WBD is desperate for money, and they are selling or licensing a lot of valuable property in order to get quick cash. If Netflix would be interested, it would actually make sense for a deal to have the Snyderverse be continued there. Everyone would be happy, except for those who would rather have the Earth destroyed than to see the Snyder fans have another win.

3 hours ago, AJG said:

Remember when he posted this to try and float the idea that secret entities were trying to SILENCE him and his Super-Friends movies?

I dont think he will move on.

16069116-DC8B-4344-95C5-D80CE4698240.jpg

He won’t, it’s the only way he stays relevant. No one really cares about his work at Netflix so he just eggs on his fans by liking posts on Vero. He could’ve shut down all of this toxicity a long time ago but he didn’t. Normally I wouldn’t blame a Hollywood person for how their fans act but in this case he takes a lot of the blame. 

Edited by cax16
  • Like 6

2 hours ago, JWR said:

Except that audience of Snyder's fans are nowhere near big enough to justify spending lucrative amounts of money on (even if Netflix made any profit from this).

There’s no rationalizing with his fan base, that’s why I don’t even bother trying. If anyone from that base just took a step back and actually thought this through it literally makes zero sense for either party to make a deal to make it happen. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Sheldon Cr said:

Brother snoke how do you feel about the synder  universe after seeing Synders vision over the Tom foolery version we got from the Buffy creator guy.( still can't believe he was responsible for Avengers 1 success and made JL.movie that was crap!  Almost like secret  sabotage by paid Disney mole. You just never know brother Snokes 😂 )

As a DC fan, I dislike both versions for different reasons. The Joss Whedon version is a mediocre, rushed and clearly compromised film that doesn’t do justice to any of the characters, while the Snyder Cut is an overly long slog that features characters from my childhood that I don’t even recognise (along with at least 3 sequences of Amy Adams getting coffee in slow motion for some reason). It’s style over substance and needed editing down significantly, just not in the way that WB did with the Joss cut. I still wouldn’t have liked it because my main issues with it are the overall story which are the same across both versions, but a 3 hour cut would have been much more tolerable.

I will say though that Cyborg came across a lot better in the Snyder Cut (although he pales in comparison to Joivan Wade’s superior portrayal in Doom Patrol), and his scenes should have been in the theatrical version instead of the random Russian family.

I don’t want to derail this thread with Snyder Cut talk though (it’s been done to death), so I’ll leave it at that 😂

It's been talked about on and off for decades.

But you know... if they're ever going to do it, now is the perfect time for Warner Bros. Discovery to pull the trigger on that Goonies sequel.

Ke Huy Quan is about to win an Oscar, Josh Brolin remains one of the busiest character-actors working (who I have no doubt will have an Oscar of his own within the next decade) and Sean Astin is still working well. 

All due respect to their co-stars, you keep those three as your carryover/legacy characters, and have new kids in the lead. Maybe about how "kids today don't know anything about going on an adventure."

Personally... I don't endorse this idea. But it makes too much sense and frankly WBD would be stupid not to go for it. Have it out for 2025 for the 40th anniversary.

• Like 2