Neo

Blade Runner 2049 | October 6, 2017 | Villeneuve directs | Full Trailer on Page 40

Similarly to the original it's visually superlative but emotionally didn't quite get to me. Don't think it needed to be quite this long - like Ignatiy Vishnevetsky said on Twitter, it already feels like a lurching, unwieldy director's cut of a shorter movie - but I do love that a lot of scenes get to breathe in a way that's pretty much alien to 99% of blockbusters, and even minor actors get the space to give memorable performances. Ana de Armas' character is the best which I didn't expect at all. It's a big, weird movie that's fiercely its own thing, mostly for good, sometimes for bad. I'll have to think about it to decide just how well it really comes together, but it's a must-see anyway. Also we need to capture Shay and make him watch this thing Ludovico technique-style. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Also I'll be pleasantly surprised if it really catches on with the GA. It is, shall we say, really not in a hurry to get anywhere or do things that are expected from it, even though it is a mesmerizing spectacle even when little or nothing "happens". Certainly it's not your typical crowd-pleaser. 

• Like 1

Mulling over watching this today or tomorrow. If I'm going to do this today, I want to watch the Final Cut once again before heading to the theaters. But my day has been incredibly busy and I will have to make some time gymnastics after 6pm to get in time for the 9:30pm showing. My mom will need a ride at 7pm so there's that, but I will see what I can do. Very much stoked for this. 

Edited by iJackSparrow

seriously for somes BR 2049 may not be perfect and may be too long i can understand it but the cinematography from deakins is beyond real.... Seriously his master piece..... the better since at least 20+ years.

The light is pure magic in this film really you can go only for the cinematography really i m not kidding a visual orgasm :)

1 hour ago, Jake Gittes said:

Also I'll be pleasantly surprised if it really catches on with the GA. It is, shall we say, really not in a hurry to get anywhere or do things that are expected from it, even though it is a mesmerizing spectacle even when little or nothing "happens". Certainly it's not your typical crowd-pleaser. 

Yeah, Double Toasted spoke quite a bit about how audiences might not like it. Martin said the first hour could have been 30 minutes and nothing would've been lost. Obviously I haven't seen the movie yet, but when one of the main mother! criticisms from the GA was the pacing of the first hour, I don't think they'll respond well to Blade Runner's first hour. Granted, I can't imagine the GA being angered by this movie, but the pacing is a big question mark :lol:  There's also the issue of 

Spoiler

Harrison Ford not showing up until the third act, which some might see as mismarketing.

Edited by WrathOfHan
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Yeah, Double Toasted spoke quite a bit about how audiences might not like it. Martin said the first hour could have been 30 minutes and nothing would've been lost. Obviously I haven't seen the movie yet, but when one of the main mother! criticisms from the GA was the pacing of the first hour, I don't think they'll respond well to Blade Runner's first hour. Granted, I can't imagine the GA being angered by this movie, but the pacing is a big question mark :lol:  There's also the issue of 

Hide contents

Harrison Ford not showing up until the third act, which some might see as mismarketing.

Things from the first hour do pay off later on, and the movie is just so damn confident and beautiful that there's a possibility of a Revenant effect where the audiences just accept the rules of the game (a slim one nevertheless since this is a sci-fi sequel with a decent amount of action in the marketing). Still 3x would be great for this tbh. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Reveal hidden contents

Oh God Yes.

There’s a scene that goes on for way too long just to show off this one particular effect, the effect isn’t impressive at all.

Some scenes could’ve been shortened to the point where a solid half an hour could’ve been saved. The scenes aren’t bad scenes but it felt like they could’ve gotten to the point a lot more quickly. As someone said earlier: this is like watching a directors cut of a shorter movie.

• Like 2

FUCK MY FUCKING LIFE :ohmygod:

My stupid ass broken cheap home town theater only will have the dubbed version until next Thursday. There's no way in fucking hell that I'm subjecting myself to see a dubbed version of this, especially the first viewing. No way in fucking hell, I say.