Neo

Blade Runner 2049 | October 6, 2017 | Villeneuve directs | Full Trailer on Page 40

1 hour ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Enemy

Sicario

Arrival

Prisoners 

Hopefully BR2049 at least jumps in ahead of Arrival

19 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

1. Enemy

2. Sicario

3. Polytechnique

4. Blade Runner 2049

5. Arrival

6. Prisoners

I like you

4 minutes ago, Steele131 said:

Arrival 5/5

Sicario 5/5

Prisoners 4.5/5

Incendis 4/5

Enemy 4/5

That's pretty much my list.

I'm SO fucking pissed that I will have to wait an ENTIRE FUCKING WEEK to watch this. It completely ruined my mood and I will be bitching about this until next Thursday. I guess there won't be RT watch OR box office watch for 2049 from my end. My town has the worst theater chain in the whole fucking country. WTF you'd only have dubbed versions of a freaking Blade Runner movie? Don't this people understand that most people that want to watch cult movies like this want to actually have the original audio for this? I mean, I literally know more than 40 people that gave up on watching this tonight because it's fucking dubbed. They have two fucking sessions for this, 2d and 3d. All dubbed. Couldn't they get at least ONE session with subtitles?

FUCK.

MY.

LIFE.

I might actually travel this weekend to the closest town this weekend and watch the damn thing. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

26 minutes ago, iJackSparrow said:

That's pretty much my list.

I'm SO fucking pissed that I will have to wait an ENTIRE FUCKING WEEK to watch this. It completely ruined my mood and I will be bitching about this until next Thursday. I guess there won't be RT watch OR box office watch for 2049 from my end. My town has the worst theater chain in the whole fucking country. WTF you'd only have dubbed versions of a freaking Blade Runner movie? Don't this people understand that most people that want to watch cult movies like this want to actually have the original audio for this? I mean, I literally know more than 40 people that gave up on watching this tonight because it's fucking dubbed. They have two fucking sessions for this, 2d and 3d. All dubbed. Couldn't they get at least ONE session with subtitles?

FUCK.

MY.

LIFE.

I might actually travel this weekend to the closest town this weekend and watch the damn thing. 

Seeing it in IMAX 2D in about 2 hours 

• Sad 1

I liked it.  Won't say much more than that right now as I have to get to sleep.

But I will say I'm not sure how this will play with audiences as two people walked out about halfway through and didn't come back.

Edited by 75Live

5 hours ago, AJG said:

My mate felt came out this so confused. He had this one point that really had me thinking about how I felt about the film.

He said what the fuck is a replecant? And now I’m like... I have no idea. How does this work? Is it a robot? Is it a clone? How is this possible? 

4 hours ago, AJG said:

Oooooh so it’s a Android/Cyborg situation? They’re not really robots but because it’s just easier to say robots and have people get what you mean everybody just referred to Replecants as “robots” for 30 years.

Well that’s my fault. I should have done my googles.

4 hours ago, Jake Gittes said:

Androids, yeah. But then androids = humanoid robots, no? So it's not exactly wrong. 

As I understand it from the original, Replicants are biological constructs engineered to be stronger, faster, etc. than humans, but have some mechanical elements, such as artificial programming.

• Like 1

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Replicant

Book vs Movie

Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? makes mention of the biological components of the androids, but also alludes to mechanical aspects commonly found in other material relating to robots. It states that the bone marrow can be tested to prove whether it is from a human or replicant.

In May 2012, Ridley Scott confirmed that the replicants were biological in nature, and contrasted them to the androids in the Alien series. "Roy Batty was an evolved... He wasn't an engine. If I cut him open, there wasn't metal, he was grown...