Neo

Blade Runner 2049 | October 6, 2017 | Villeneuve directs | Full Trailer on Page 40

19 minutes ago, Fancyarcher said:

It's gonna have to make a lot world-wide to make a serious profit, I'd imagine. 

I wonder if WB, Sony or Alcon are expecting to be profitable, I think they'll be happy if it breaks even WW, the profits will come from home entertainment, streaming and TV rights.

Edited by Jonwo

Just now, Krissykins said:

The trailers don't get the same reaction as Mad Max though. Buzz isn't as high either. 

Less crowded though. It can dominate October as the big dog of the month, and it's probably not as niche as Mad Max was. It might be a slow burn, but this will probably appeal to more genre fans than Mad Max did just because it's more digestible.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

I wonder if WB, Sony or Alcon are expecting to be profitable, I think they'll be happy if it breaks even WW, the profits will come from home entertainment, streaming and TV rights.

I'm sure they were expecting a write-off. The fact that profits split between three companies isn't exactly a great thing anyway. I'm sure they'll make more of their profits with other media. 

10 minutes ago, La Binoche said:

I knew the reviews wouldn't be THAT good. Denis' movies tend to be a bit on the slow side and his pacing coupled with a 2hr 40min run time was bound to create problems. 

1 minute ago, Rumpot said:

What do you mean?  Average rating is 8.9

+1

My thoughts exactly. This is higher than front runner best picture nominees at the moment. Not that good. Not sure what you mean

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Alli said:

I hope the critics aren't exaggerating with these 5 star reviews. They gave the same to Dunkirk, calling it a masterpiece, and it was far from it. jmo

People will never agree on what's masterpiece. At the end of the day, it's just an opinion by a group whose opinion has some weight but is an opinion nonetheless. Like Best Picture. It's 6000+ people deciding what's the best not 6 billion. 

That said, critics have been throwing the word masterpiece a lot this year so no wonder it's devalued. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

If the choices are Dune, Cleo or Bond next for him then only one of those is an especially interesting option.

Cleo because his take on Cleo would be interesting. Dune is basically what he has done with BR2049 (action philosophy) and Bond is Bond, not much room for doing something different. 

2 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Cleo because his take on Cleo would be interesting. Dune is basically what he has done with BR2049 (action philosophy) and Bond is Bond, not much room for doing something different. 

I don't wanna see a cleo in his clinical style tbh. That oughta be some high camp shit. Dune and Blade Runner aren't even kinda similar stories. Action philosophy lmao.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, MrPink said:

I just threw it in because I have no idea what to expect from it. 

But...

SmTX86B.gif

:rofl::bravo:

Good Catholic boys. 

@JohnnyGossamer

This is doing $50M+ OW. And, probably something like $175M+ DOM. Just my two cents. People are ready. They want it. It will play better than Mad Max.

I think it could go over 200M dom. Over 50M OW is given and WOM should be fantastic. Also, I'm not buying that it won't play well with GA

Edited by Valonqar