A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Oppenheimer-August 30

16 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

For all the China blocking Hollywood thing, I think almost all of major films released there except Disney (& by extension Marvel).

Also a coincidence that almost all Marvel films except Spiderman had something offensive to China.

lol but yeah lets see what happens with dc and marvel this year  and if spidey does indeed release there  after the spring festival.Speaking of which @Gavin Feng any update for spidey ? last time you said that it will get release here, any news ?

Edited by john2000

8 minutes ago, john2000 said:

lol but yeah lets see what happens with dc and marvel this year  and if spidey does indeed release there  after the spring festival.Speaking of which @Gavin Feng any update for spidey ? last time you said that it will get release here, any news ?

I’m not so sure right now.

• Like 1

I'm excited to fell the hype of TBALC 2 now,my family decided to go to see TBALC 2 in the cinema,include my grandfather,grandmother,my father and mother,it's the first time I go to see the movie with all my family members,just amazing~

Edited by Bruce
  • Like 3

Batman probably won't release in China. 

MOM will surely not as Marvel intro will include Simu Liu and Eternals too. 

TLAT will have LGBTQ+ relation, so ban in China. 

Black Adam will surely release unless someone does something. 

Edited by Madhuvan
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, charlie Jatinder said:

For all the China blocking Hollywood thing, I think almost all of major films released there except Disney (& by extension Marvel).

Also a coincidence that almost all Marvel films except Spiderman had something offensive to China.

Except none of them were major releases. If we get a major release day and date in China along with rest of world then you would have a point. Most movies were released well after their theatrical release and HD copies were accessible by then..

NWH getting shafted with zero controversy leads credence that only flops are being released. 

Edited by druv10
  • Like 4

51 minutes ago, LPLC said:

Why ? The movie was released 3 years ago and no one knows about it

Hollywood Movie will slowly follow Japanese Style of entering Chinese Market. i.e. 3 years after Home Country premiere. This rule is exception for Popular Directors like Shinkai &Established franchise like Doraemon &Conan.

Edited by Issac Newton

Hopefully, I expect Spidey to earn some Chinese yuan even if it's too late. Traditional Japanese Works earns more than what JAPAN + OS (total). Piracy is always a issue but people enjoy works on big screen. For which distributors of China never find hard to release Japanese Works. The very basic schedule is 6 months after Japanese premiere for Shinkai, Doraemon &Conan Works. 1 year for romance &tragedy categories. &3 years for remaining. While works releasing before 2015, can be released anytime which highly depends on the distributor &regulator (CFA) approval here.

Historical Moment in Mainland

Earliest Release or Same Day release: Detective Conan: The Scarlet Bullet (same day as Japan, but 1st Day was previews)

Late Release: My Neighbor Totoro (Japanese Release date was April 16, 1988, while Chinese premiere was December 2018, but still it has earned $25.8M)

1 hour ago, Issac Newton said:

Hopefully, I expect Spidey to earn some Chinese yuan even if it's too late. Traditional Japanese Works earns more than what JAPAN + OS (total). Piracy is always a issue but people enjoy works on big screen. For which distributors of China never find hard to release Japanese Works. The very basic schedule is 6 months after Japanese premiere for Shinkai, Doraemon &Conan Works. 1 year for romance &tragedy categories. &3 years for remaining. While works releasing before 2015, can be released anytime which highly depends on the distributor &regulator (CFA) approval here.

Historical Moment in Mainland

Earliest Release or Same Day release: Detective Conan: The Scarlet Bullet (same day as Japan, but 1st Day was previews)

Late Release: My Neighbor Totoro (Japanese Release date was April 16, 1988, while Chinese premiere was December 2018, but still it has earned $25.8M)

I think that the way Japanese movies are exported is pretty standard globally, we're normally always at least 6 months behind Japan here in the UK for example. I think the quickest that we got any Japanese movie was when Dragon Ball Super: Broly made it over within 6 weeks with a completed Dub as well.

11 minutes ago, SchumacherFTW said:

I think that the way Japanese movies are exported is pretty standard globally, we're normally always at least 6 months behind Japan here in the UK for example. I think the quickest that we got any Japanese movie was when Dragon Ball Super: Broly made it over within 6 weeks with a completed Dub as well.

Actually, delays aren't severed in OS more than 6 months except in Mainland. Here, Studio considered success of a film if their works are releasing in Korea &Mainland or not. 

Indeed, Korea, Hong Kong, Macau &Taiwan are the 1st Overseas Market to get a release date within (2 weeks - 3 months of Japanese Premiere) NA &Europe expansion take place after clearing Asia. 

But, one important fact is that Detective Conan: The Scarlet Bullet broke all norm of Standard Overseas release by releasing in 22 countries (same day as Japan) in 5 dubs (Japanese, English, Korean, German, and Chinese) simultaneously.

All the 22 countries are Japan: Taiwan, Hong Kong, South Korea, Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, the Philippines, Brunei, Thailand, Vietnam, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Lichtenstein, Luxembourg, the United Arab Emirates, Oman, Kuwait, Bahrain, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, and France

Edited by Issac Newton

14 minutes ago, LPLC said:

I just try to understand why they release that and not NWH

Late arrival doesn't affect local works (neither LFP policy) for which NWH doesn't have a release. That's why I said, it's release date cannot be on February. Exception for Vintage /Legend Work like Titanic.