A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Oppenheimer-August 30

4 minutes ago, A2k Raptor said:

so sun was 325-326 then?

No, it is still 331M and the total 1268M. Exchange rate has also been between 6.33-6.34 since Friday.

So the true figure is $200M. No idea why it was revised downwards.

• Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, A2k Raptor said:

so sun was 324-325 then?

7 minutes ago, nevermore said:

For all intents and purposes it's $200 million. It's the number that was widely reported, so we can just ignore this :P

14 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

Deadline seems to have the weekend actuals at 199.3 http://deadline.com/2018/05/avengers-infinity-war-china-opening-records-third-weekend-global-international-box-office-1202389774/  

Have I been lied to about our glorious victory?

acc Blomberg the exchange rate jumpes around a liitle bit, might depend on the time of date someone did the calculation. Esp around 3/4 am there was a spike in both directions as an example.

About the sum in lc I'd belief our Chinese members over them, they know where to look out for the real numbers, not sure where Deadline looks those up (see western BO reporting magazines, websites,... wrong before, not only for Marvel movies)

https://www.bloomberg.com/quote/USDCNY:CUR

Edited by terrestrial

2 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

acc Blomberg the exchange rate jumpes around a liitle bit, might depend on the time of date someone did the calculation. Esp around 3/4 am there was a spike in both directions as an example.

About the sum in lc I'd belief our Chinese members over them, they know where to look out for the real numbers, not sure where Deadline looks those up (see western BO reporting magazines, websites,... wrong before, not only for Marvel movies)

https://www.bloomberg.com/quote/USDCNY:CUR

Deadline mentioned 1262 yuan vs 1268 odd reported, so it wasn't the ER.

7 minutes ago, nevermore said:

For all intents and purposes it's $200 million. It's the number that was widely reported, so we can just ignore this :P

Apparently FF8 would have made more than 200m with today Exchange rate anyway, if true that make that $200M figure even less relevant than I thought.

6 minutes ago, A2k Raptor said:

Deadline mentioned 1262 yuan vs 1268 odd reported, so it wasn't the ER.

that's the reason I mentioned the lc count/sum, to go with the local members here, :) (might have been a mixture of reasons)

they know/will find out if something was really wrong soon enough, but as Olive already posted the actuals higher I at least go with that number for know.

Deadline.... do not always report correctly Chinese details, see other examples of the past

Edited by terrestrial

7 minutes ago, Barnack said:

Apparently FF8 would have made more than 200m with today Exchange rate anyway, if true that make that $200M figure even less relevant than I thought.

its simply a nice round number, plus the US$200m+ in 2 countries thing. Simply nice, nothing less, nothing more (in my POV)

edit: and it was about a certain.... strange YTclip)

Edited by terrestrial
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, VanillaSkies said:

Monday will come in around 17 million USD

Thanks a lot! I came up with a number around that after I saw in the other thread that Monday was about 111M yuan.

So according to Disney the offical number is 199M.  Looks like I win again and won’t be having any crow for dinner. I knew that the 200M mark wasn’t gonna happen. The best part is I didn’t have to sit analyze numbers for days - I just went with my gut. Being right is just second nature to me. 

200.gif

Edited by GraceRandolph
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • ...wtf 1

2 hours ago, feasby007 said:

To make matters worse, Disney is apparently reporting 1266m according to BOM, that translates to $199.8m.

SO DAMN CLOSE. 

:whosad:

I don't get it. It's not like Disney has to fudge to pass $200.0m.

The actual IS above $200.0m.

It's like Disney fudged to NOT pass $200.0m.

1 hour ago, GraceRandolph said:

So according to Disney the offical number 199M.  Looks like I win again and won’t be having any crow for dinner. I knew that the 200M mark wasn’t gonna happen. The best part is I didn’t have to sit analyze numbers for days - I just went with my gut. Being right is just second nature to me. 

200.gif

Oh please. You (or your idol) predicted $200M+ TOTAL. If anyone here is the least respectable and the most wrong, that's YOU (and that person you're impersonating).

• Haha 3
  • ...wtf 1