A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Oppenheimer-August 30

11 minutes ago, ymblcza said:

MH2 over its predecessor slightly(¥2.5B), DC2 over Mermaid(¥3.5B), Red Sea is hard to predict but I think between MH2 and DC2.

So, WoM for DC2 is way better than for MH2? And MH2 could finish third of the NY season after this huge opening? China box office is amazing to follow 

59 minutes ago, peludo said:

So, WoM for DC2 is way better than for MH2? And MH2 could finish third of the NY season after this huge opening? China box office is amazing to follow 

MH2 8.3 on Maoyan and 7.9 on Taopiaopiao, DC2 9.3 and 9.1, Red Sea 9.6 and 9.5. And tomorrow's presell is way stronger than last year so I expect a much higher multiply of the 6 movies combined.

Edited by ymblcza
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, peludo said:

I was talking about just China, not everywhere ;)

TFA did $119m and TLJ $104m. Both Star Wars seem safe. DH2 should fall. MH2 could still reach $100m OD (635m Yuan)

Those numbers include Thursday or midnight grosses. The Force Awakens did only $62 mln without Thursday previews. 

Best single day gross without Thursday previews or midnights around $70 mln,

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, juni78ukr said:

Those numbers include Thursday or midnight grosses. The Force Awakens did only $62 mln without Thursday previews. 

Best single day gross without Thursday previews or midnights around $70 mln,

TFA could easily break $82m with 70% showings on Friday like F8 imo, it's uncomparable.

6 hours ago, eXtacy said:

Cant believe this is not being more talked about. This is absolutely a new milestone in the cinema world. 

Biggest weekend overall in US: 305m (#1 Force Awakens, Dec 18-20th 2015)

These numbers make it look like China is heading for 500m+ weekend.

its really hard to discern what people are actually saying in the thread, the way the chinese users post in this thread with just some numbers that don't indicate what currency or time period they are talking about.

So when I see "maoyan predicting 677M for MH2" is that 677M yuan opening day? $677M total? $677M opening weekend? 677M yuan presales? no idea

3 minutes ago, Treeing Me Apart said:

its really hard to discern what people are actually saying in the thread, the way the chinese users post in this thread with just some numbers that don't indicate what currency or time period they are talking about.

So when I see "maoyan predicting 677M for MH2" is that 677M yuan opening day? $677M total? $677M opening weekend? 677M yuan presales? no idea

Maoyan is predicting $677m total for MH2 (although it does not seem to be an accurate prediction).

Concerning the post you have quoted, the weekend in China seems headed to beat the biggest weekend ever in USA, which was the one with TFA release. That weekend were grossed $305m in USA. This weekend could be grossed $500m China (every figure I post here are dollars).

• Like 1

Looks like today should be around 210m USD (1.32B Yuan) for all films. Amazing, absolutely crushing all time domestic record single day probably around 135m (lead by TFA opening day of 119m).

Edited by eXtacy
  • Like 2

MH2 with an 8.2 rating

DC2 with a 9.3

MH2 PS just 10% higher than DC2 for tomorrow and behind DC2 on Sunday.

JttW made just 5x OD with a 7.7 rating.  

MH2 Could miss 3.1B/$500m if it has 15%+ DoD drops, DC2 may beat MH2 if its BO is bigger on sunday

Edited by POTUS
  • Like 1