1 hour ago, POTUS said:

coco last year

12.22  F     4m

12.23  S   18

12.24  S   19

12.25  M   5

12.26   T    3 

small affect the 24th and 25th. i'll adjust

I think OP meant for Christmas week. If there is any affect, it is usually throughout the week and not just on Christmas and Christmas Eve.

Hey, Venom broke the record for solo superhero. That can't be taken away, it just didn't last long. The same thing happened to AntMan2 by the way.

Captain Marvel to beat Aquaman? :Venom:

1 hour ago, Olive said:

biggest opening Sat increase for Comicbook movies, usually around 35-40%

Aquaman doesn't have best Sun hold for CBM?

Edited by MrGlass2

7 minutes ago, MrGlass2 said:

Hey, Venom broke the record for solo superhero. That can't be taken away, it just didn't last long. The same thing happened to AntMan2 by the way.

Captain Marvel to beat Aquaman? :Venom:

Aquaman doesn't have best Sun hold for CBM?

Captain America 2 Sunday only down 2%, because the following monday was holiday.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, lorddemaxus said:

And before that it was TLJ, and even before that Valerian. Has a space movie really done well in China? Gotg movies make less than Ant man movies.

I guess Infinity War is sort of a space movie. China is hard to predict sometimes, so you never know.

6 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

And before that it was TLJ, and even before that Valerian. Has a space movie really done well in China? Gotg movies make less than Ant man movies.

Interstellar grossed $122 million in 2014. And depending on what your criteria of a space movie is, Avatar grossed $204 million back in 2010.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

I think OP meant for Christmas week. If there is any affect, it is usually throughout the week and not just on Christmas and Christmas Eve.

the rest of the week is normal.  Just Christmas Eve and Day. 

Chinese 1 week holidays where the whole country is off and has busier BO then Domestic Christmas week( a lot people arent off for the week in USA), is CNY in Jan or Feb for 8 days, Oct 1 -7th and a couple of 3/4 day holidays

21 minutes ago, nevermore said:

I guess Infinity War is sort of a space movie. China is hard to predict sometimes, so you never know.

21 minutes ago, KP1025 said:

Interstellar grossed $122 million in 2014. And depending on what your criteria of a space movie is, Avatar grossed $204 million back in 2010.

I think they are fine if the movies are taking place almost entirely on specific planets like Pandora in Avatar. It becomes more of a fantasy than a "space" movie in that case. IW was a mix between different locations.

It's movies that are space battles and space operas which seem to have a harder time clicking with the Middle Kingdom.

• Like 1

AQ running at 6.3m per hour.  Vm's midpoint was 445pm. 

It should be at 46.5m at 445. 

Monday 93m -58%  3% ahead of Vm's 90m Monday. Vm had a cyber sunday that might have lowered its total, mondays drop might have been 65% otherwise.  Aq OW was 14% lower but looks like its holding far better. It needs to get 10% ahead in the dailies soon to pass Vm by the end of the run.   looking for a -5 to -10% hold tomorrow and increase its daily lead over Vm.

$108 to $123m thru 4 days

Aq         6.87 Vm       6.94
Day Yn DoD WoW Tot $Tot Yn DoD WoW Tot $Tot
Fri 157     165 24 223     239 34
Sat 265 69.0%   430 63 303 35.9%   542 78
Sun 220 -16.8%   650 95 224 -26.1%   766 110
Mon 93 -57.7%   743 108 90 -59.8%   856 123
Edited by POTUS
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2