A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Oppenheimer-August 30

57 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

These weekdays have been pretty disappointing. Hope that Aquaman has a really good second weekend to make back for these disappointing days.

Not disapointing to me. Just average. 

My best guess is 75-77 mill today

• Like 1

I do not get the disappointment calls. This film was supposed to do 600-800m Yuan until last week. And it has done that amount in 3-4 days. The weekdays seem low after the impressive OW? maybe, and as some people have already said here, we have to wait until next Friday to know if it is a weekend film.

But just to remember that, right now, it already ranks #6 among SH films, just behind IW, Venom, Ultron, Civil War and, finally, Ant-Man 2, which is falling tomorrow.

Just some patience and enjoy the run, which is already great.

• Like 9

People need to calm down, hold is perfectly fine. For one it held much better than Venom on Sat and Sun, while Monday was about on par eventually things balance out. Key jump will be Fri and Sat to see where it lands plus remember it has Holidays coming up. I think it beats Venom and finishes around $290-300M. Even if doesn't hit my above projection, it'll get to $250M when on average SH genre is between 600-800M Yuan so phenomenal result no matter what.

Edited by druv10
  • Like 9

15 minutes ago, firedeep said:

1.5B is still locked which is already a result unbelievably good while 1.7B still possible. You get disappointment only if you inflate your expectation.

I am sure the weather is affecting the daily trajectory of AQM.

Ok final question... 

What about 2 Billion...

With the crumbling weekday holds and the first RT review being rotten, I think the so-called hype around Aquaman is just some kind of delusion. 

I hereby give you all my prediction for this movie:    OW/DOM/WW  = 60/120/500

I had high hopes for this movie. But it turns out to be just another beautiful lie. So disappointing.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • ...wtf 3
  • Disbelief 1
  • Knock It Off 3

5 minutes ago, NamakFiskKa said:

Ok final question... 

What about 2 Billion...

It's on the table. We won't know for sure until this weekend's hold regardless it's going to have the best legs in the SH genre, pretty impressive.

Edited by druv10
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, WeneedtotalkaboutKevin said:

With the crumbling weekday holds and the first RT review being rotten, I think the so-called hype around Aquaman is just some kind of delusion. 

I had high hopes for this movie. But it turns out to be just another beautiful lie. So disappointing.

I don't know but you look like a troll. 

First facts before spraying falsehoods 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, WeneedtotalkaboutKevin said:

You’re joking right?

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, WeneedtotalkaboutKevin said:

My first comment and reason why i made a account is to call someone a idiot/troll.

If you follow box office at all you would know that those predictions are laughable. 

Wonder Woman had rotten reviews as well but lets be dramatic. 

• Like 6