Neo

Pacific Rim: Uprising | March 23, 2018 | Steven S. DeKnight (Starz' Spartacus, Marvel's Daredevil) directing | John Boyega. Scott Eastwood joins as co-lead | Tag All Spoilers!

Yeah some VFX was a bit :gold: but I liked the trailer overall! I expect a solid B- film if not much more. I didn't think PR1 (B+) was great but some of it was breathtaking. With lowered expectations for this one hope it doesn't disappoint.

• Like 5

I just hope John Boyega doesn't get blamed for this underperforming.  It looks fun (who doesn't like giant Robots v giant Monsters!), but that trailer is holding NOTHING back in terms of plot or spoilers, and it clearly lacks Del Toro's mastery.  Doesn't give me a lot of confidence.  

Edited by captainwondyful
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, captainwondyful said:

I just hope John Boyega doesn't get blamed for this underperforming. 

Pacific Rim 1 was also mostly unknown actor, so if this one underperform relative to the first I think people will mostly suspect it is the movie/marketing material that was different (or the rehash factor), same if it overperform.

12 minutes ago, captainwondyful said:

I just hope John Boyega doesn't get blamed for this underperforming.  It looks fun (who doesn't like giant Robots v giant Monsters!), but that trailer is holding NOTHING back in terms of plot or spoilers, and it clearly lacks Del Toro's mastery.  Doesn't give me a lot of confidence.  

the movie will do ok DOM but should be really good OS.

But regardless, I don't think Boyega will get any blame for this if it doesn't do well.  I just think people will chalk it up to an unnecessary sequel, if it happens to do poorly.