Neo

Pacific Rim: Uprising | March 23, 2018 | Steven S. DeKnight (Starz' Spartacus, Marvel's Daredevil) directing | John Boyega. Scott Eastwood joins as co-lead | Tag All Spoilers!

You may need to watch some Blackadder my boy. It gives you three things. Some interesting vocabulary, a good bit of British history (which is always good) and is pure fucking genius!

Blackadder also gets better with each series. Blackadder Goes Forth may be one of the funniest series ever.

Blackadder also gets better with each series. Blackadder Goes Forth may be one of the funniest series ever.

I'm partial to series 3. I adore Hugh Laurie that year, and it seemed like Blackadder was at his most manipulative that time around. Plus the Highwayman episode is sheer genius.

I just have a soft spot for the Hellboy movies in general. Really, for Perlman as Hellboy; I don't remember much about the movies themselves but I really enjoyed Perlman as Hellboy.

I was being over enthusiastic, but yes, I'd like to see Hellboy one more time because Ron Perlman is awesome.

Edited by TServo2049

Budget decrease of ~40M?

For instance, 2013's Pacific Rim, made for $190 million, was considered a disappointment in the U.S. with $101 million but grossed three times as much overseas and is getting a sequel. Still, reliance on international performance is somewhat problematic because studios see a smaller cut of the box office than they do from U.S. theaters.

Perhaps for that reason, insiders say that Legendary Entertainment, which is fully financing Pacific Rim 2, will spend less on the sequel, due Aug. 14, 2017, via Universal.

THR_sequelchart.jpg

Edited by kaijukurt

That doesn't surprise me...they kinda have to, I seriously the first actually turned a profit.

But...probably enough to justify a little lower budget movie. Assuming you're optimistic the sequel can hold the dollars.

Edited by kowhite

That doesn't surprise me...they kinda have to, I seriously the first actually turned a profit.

But...probably enough to justify a little lower budget movie. Assuming you're optimistic the sequel can hold the dollars.

Gi Joe & First Class come to mind to, 2 very expensive films that had a sequel.

Gi Joe & First Class come to mind to, 2 very expensive films that had a sequel.

The GI Joe sequel was cheaper.

The Xmen sequel...well, first off First Class was really good, and second, DoFP brought not only the original director back, but added dat Jackman Awesome sauce.

So...GI Joe better comparison,,.Xmen,..not as much cause that had a lot of additions that justified it.

I heard First Class production was a nightmare, they were supposed to shoot the last act on an Hawai beach but it got destroyed by a storm so they deiced to build the exterior set in the studio costing lots of extra money.

VFX houses had only a few months to do the vfx shots. etc

Edited by The Futurist
  • Like 1

I heard First Class production was a nightmare, they were supposed to shoot the last act on an Hawai beach but it got destroyed by a storm so they deiced to build the exterior set in the studio costing lots of extra money.

VFX houses had only a few months to do the vfx shots. etc

And yet...it was still awesome.

Matthew Vaughn for the win.

• Like 1

And yet...it was still awesome.

Matthew Vaughn for the win.

That movie turning out that well despite production troubles, some of the worst marketing ever, and Internet fanboys turning on it early in production because they felt the movie was being rushed to keep the rights is a goddam miracle. (It's like poetry, it rhymes)

The casting of the 2 leads was pretty much spot-on which contributed a lot to the success.

Edited by grim22

That movie turning out that well despite production troubles, some of the worst marketing ever, and Internet fanboys turning on it early in production because they felt the movie was being rushed to keep the rights is a goddam miracle. (It's like poetry, it rhymes)

The casting of the 2 leads was pretty much spot-on which contributed a lot to the success.

Oh the marketing.

Somebody was paid money to come up with this poster.

Witness_The_Awful_New_Character_Posters_