Neo

Pacific Rim: Uprising | March 23, 2018 | Steven S. DeKnight (Starz' Spartacus, Marvel's Daredevil) directing | John Boyega. Scott Eastwood joins as co-lead | Tag All Spoilers!

They were boring.  I've seen this movie twice, and I can't for the life of me even remember their names. 

Only character name I remember is Elba's, only because its so ridiculous.

Wait, Hunnam's character wasn't named Wooden Boardman, was it? Cause then i remember two.

Edited by Orestes

The film is probably the best popcorn flick of last year, but it had so many fucking stupid names.

Raleigh Becket

Stacker Pentecost

Newton Geiszler

Hermann Gottlieb

Hercules Hansen

All of whom were from English-speaking countries. I think del Toro may have been high when he came up with the characters.

As for actors: as much as the focus is on the Jaegers and kaiju, it is the actors who drive the film, so I would like some better ones for the next movie.

The film is probably the best popcorn flick of last year, but it had so many fucking stupid names.

Raleigh Becket

Stacker Pentecost

Newton Geiszler

Hermann Gottlieb

Hercules Hansen

All of whom were from English-speaking countries. I think del Toro may have been high when he came up with the characters.

As for actors: as much as the focus is on the Jaegers and kaiju, it is the actors who drive the film, so I would like some better ones for the next movie.

You forgot Hannibal Chau :P

Raleigh Becket

Stacker Pentecost

Newton Geiszler

Hermann Gottlieb

Hercules Hansen

Actually, those names are pretty great.  

• Like 2

I don't want Del Torro to waste his time making pacific rim a trilogy. I want Mountains of Madness

Not going to happen unless they get a major star involved unfortunately. According to Del Toro the budget would have absurdly huge had he gone through with it.