Neo

Pacific Rim: Uprising | March 23, 2018 | Steven S. DeKnight (Starz' Spartacus, Marvel's Daredevil) directing | John Boyega. Scott Eastwood joins as co-lead | Tag All Spoilers!

19 minutes ago, Bishop54 said:

That truly is an awful poster and this movie is likely going to blow. I stanned hard for the first film and I probably shouldn't have. But this movie, I want zero part off. 

I'm sure the movie's going to blow cause the first one did (and this one's directed by the SFX guy-first time director or something, so writing's on the wall), but SMH had awful-er poster and it didn't blow. Poster doesn't mean shit for movie quality. 

Edited by Valonqar
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

I'm sure the movie's going to blow cause the first one did (and this one's directed by the SFX guy-first time director or something, so writing's on the wall), but SMH had awful-er poster and it didn't blow. Poster doesn't mean shit for movie quality. 

Directed by Daredevil season 1 show runner. But yeah...this is being done cheap. Boyega's career as a leading man will take a big hit after this except maybe China.

7 minutes ago, marveldcfox said:

Directed by Daredevil season 1 show runner. But yeah...this is being done cheap. Boyega's career as a leading man will take a big hit after this except maybe China.

oops. OK, daredevil show is good apparently. or was. China is guaranteed big cause they love mechas. Boyega is still new so nobody's gonna blame him if he can't save this franchise that had a shaky start without him. It's too indistinguishable from Transformers and that one is losing audience.

Edited by Valonqar

23 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

No one said the horrid poster is the reason the movie is going to suck. It's the teaser, the poster, and everything combined.

29 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

The movie's actually directed by Steven S. DeKnight who's a TV writer and director. The first is his feature film. I'm not sure he's a good choice, but I guess you could do worse.

That poster's a little but lame, but okay, and I was a fan of the first.