CJohn

Jack Reacher: Never Go Back | October 21, 2016 | IMAX confirmed. Trailer on page 7.

I imagine the budget will be similar to the first so it doesn't need to do blockbuster numbers. I wonder if they'll schedule it for December 2016, in terms of live action films, there's only Star Wars Rogue One and Passengers so it's a good alternative.

I think this will be very profitable. The fact that the original made $80m DOM immediately following Sandy Hook and despite most of the advertising heavily featuring guns was pretty impressive. I think $250m WW is the floor for this and a gross exceeding $300m WW is more likely. I'm going with $105m DOM / $200m OS.

• Like 1

Considering that One Shot is by far Child's worst book, the film did well as an adaptation. Good introduction for the character, the cast was great as well. Some of the books have epic plots or too graphic for a PG13 rating, but Never Go Back is decent. It could be a good suspense thriller and Cruise again reunites with a director that he worked before. Seeing 90-100m domestic, 325m WW.