Ariadne

Game of Thrones (TV ONLY) [Leaked Spoilers prohibited]

Spoiler

Viserion's death is probably the hardest I've taken a death in this show. Been in a pretty down mood ever since I (allegedly) watched the leaked episode. I'm still mopey about it.

I was pretty mixed on the episode overall. The Sansa/Arya stuff was just... really bad. Cool action for the most part but it really drove home the fact that their plan was really fucking stupid. 

Dany/Jon scenes were cute though. I liked those. Same goes for the banter between the Magnificent 7. 

Edited by aabattery
  • Like 1

I did not care for this episode. A lot of stuff happened, but a ton of forced drama and convenient timing and BS for things to happen.

Spoiler

Dany and Jon moment was well done tho, I'll give it that.

• Like 1

Everything about the Winterfell storyline right now is awful and relies especially on one character holding the giantest idiot ball of Season 7.

Can't blame Alan Taylor for that though, his direction for the episode, especially for North of the Wall, was very good.

• Like 1

Spoiler

Really surprised that only Thoros died. I figured that one of Beric, Tormund, or Jorah would have kicked it too. I guess the writers felt that losing a dragon was a big enough loss.

Darth Maul should compete in the Olympics with that javelin throwing skills.

The Jon ice bath fakeout and Benjen saving him was so awkward, forced, and weird. There was no reason for it really other than giving Benjen a heroic sacrifice and letting Dany see Jon shirtless. I had thought at first they were doing it as a way to separate Jon from the others so they all go to Dragonstone while he gets taken back to Winterfell and before going south puts the house in order.

Unless Littlefinger's plan is for Arya to actually murder Sansa, so far it's been going terrible. Arya has gotten so dumb the past couple episodes. For all the tricks she has learned, she has only gotten more impulsive, blood-thirsty, and dumb.

The finale meet-up should be interesting. So many major characters in the same location at once. Something is going to go wrong, I can feel it.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, 4815162342 said:
  Hide contents

Really surprised that only Thoros died. I figured that one of Beric, Tormund, or Jorah would have kicked it too. I guess the writers felt that losing a dragon was a big enough loss.

Darth Maul should compete in the Olympics with that javelin throwing skills.

The Jon ice bath fakeout and Benjen saving him was so awkward, forced, and weird. There was no reason for it really other than giving Benjen a heroic sacrifice and letting Dany see Jon shirtless. I had thought at first they were doing it as a way to separate Jon from the others so they all go to Dragonstone while he gets taken back to Winterfell and before going south puts the house in order.

Unless Littlefinger's plan is for Arya to actually murder Sansa, so far it's been going terrible. Arya has gotten so dumb the past couple episodes. For all the tricks she has learned, she has only gotten more impulsive, blood-thirsty, and dumb.

The finale meet-up should be interesting. So many major characters in the same location at once. Something is going to go wrong, I can feel it.

Spoiler

Next week has gotta have the most named characters in the same place in the history of the show, right?

They've basically got the whole main cast there. Definitely gonna be fun to see.

3 minutes ago, aabattery said:

Hide contents

Next week has gotta have the most named characters in the same place in the history of the show, right?

They've basically got the whole main cast there. Definitely gonna be fun to see.

Pretty much everyone in the named main cast will be there except Sansa, Arya, Bran, Tormund, Gendry, and Littlefinger.

• Like 1

Kinda liked how there was some more conversation between characters in this episode.   Was missing some of that last week when I thought certain characters should have things to say to each other.   All the Magnificent 7 convos were great.   The Hound was slaying me with his comments.

Hated the

Spoiler

dragon death

but I guess that was inevitable. 

Also kinda glad that Arya isn't an infallible character.  She should be able to be fooled since she is young.

That episode gave me a lot of anxiety.

I think it makes character sense that Arya is fooled, but it's obvious the drama is played out for it to turn on Littlefinger.

I loved the episode though, it had a lot more room to breathe and have characters interact in ways that aren't exposition.

Spoiler

From a character standpoint, Aryas actions in the last two episodes are really, really dumb and annoying, but they also make sense. Shes a psychopathic assassin who doesnt know shit about anything  but killing people at this point and she hated her sister in Season 1. I actually kinda hope she dies because her story is over. Sansas is not done yet.

Overall an epic episode. The Dragon scenes never fail to amaze me in this show. Viserions Death and Rebirth was in a strange way expected for me, it was just logical given the circumstances. It will be interesting to see how the other two dragons and Dany react to Blue Viserion (probaly next season).

• Like 2

Overall a very good episode. 

Spoiler

The plan was a huge stupid risk from the moment Tyrion proposed it and pretty much an excuse to make the suicide squad happen. It depends on how much you liked the action/banter beyond the Wall as to whether you'll let it slide or not. For me it was worth it for the Tormund-Hound scene alone, this seemed like the episode that Tormund will die because he was so awesome all the way through, I lost it at his mortal peril scene.

Also i'm on board the Jon-Dany incest train after this episode.

• Like 2